Bösch von Kappel SG

Moderator: Wolf

wmeyer

Bösch von Kappel SG

Post by wmeyer »

I am seeking information about the birth of Johann Melchior Bösch who married Maria Looser (b. 1721). I believe they lived in Alt Sankt Johann.

wmeyer

Re: Bösch von Alt St.Johann SG

Post by wmeyer »

The marriage of Johann Melchior Bösch and Maria Looser was found in the records of Brunnadern. The date was 25 Sep 1742. Johann was born in Kappel 14 Feb 1717. His father was Hans Jacob Bösch born 24 Jun 1685 in Kappel. His mother, Sara Shafflutzel's father is listed in her marriage as Michel but I have not found her birth record.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Let me summarise that, using the numbering system by Kekule, and extend [info added later see here]:

1 Bösch Anna Elisabeth, * 17.11.1756

2 Bösch Johannes Melchior, * Kappel 14.02.1717, "Pfarrer des ohrts M…", des Jacob zu Kappel
oo Brunnadern 25.09.1742
3 Looser Maria, * Brunnadern 24.02.1721

4 Bösch Hans Jacob, * Kappel 24.6.1685
oo Kappel 30.11.1713
5 Schafflützel Sara [≈ not in Kappel]

6 Looser Johann Jacob, Chriurgus von Brunnadern
oo
7 Grob Susanna Barbara

8 Bösch Hans Melchior, Ammann, zur Eych
oo Kappel 24.11.1680
9 Künzler/Kunz Elisabeth

10 Schafflützel Michael, Schmied
oo
11 N.N.

16 Bösch Hans Jacob, Commissarius
oo
17 N.N.

18 Kunz Hans Rudolph zu Lichtensteig
oo
19 N.N.

For the time being I'll leave the topic title ("von Alt St.Johann"), though "von Kappel" might be more appropriate.
>>> later renamed Bösch von Kappel SG

Details on maternal lines should be discussed in their family specific topics.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Wolf wrote:
Sun 1. Dec 2019, 13:21
For the time being I'll leave the topic title ("von Alt St.Johann"), though "von Kappel" might be more appropriate.
What information do you have on Johannes Melchior's descendants (to the end of the 19th century)? This would be helpful to determine their citizenship.

Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/

wmeyer

Re: Bösch von Kappel SG

Post by wmeyer »

Wolf: You are correct the Bösch family should be "von Kappel." Maria Looser was born 24 Feb 1721 in Brunnadern to Johann Jacob Looser and Susanna Barbara Grob.
The descendants in my family line:

Johann Melchior Bosch daughter, Anna Elisabeth (b. 17 Nov 1756) married Gregorius Baumgartner 20 Apr 1784. Their son Johann Melchior Baumgartner was born 26 Oct 1785.

Johann Melchior Baumgartner married Sara Sherrer 3 Nov 1807 in Al Sankt Johann. Their daughter, Dorothea Baumgartner, born 30 Sep 1810 in Alt Sankt Johann married Joseph Kuratli 27 Jan 1835 in Nesslau.

Their son, Joseph Seth Kuratli, born 15 Jul 1849, is my Great Grandfather who came to the U.S. in 1872.

Thanks for your help,

Walt Meyer

Wolf

Re: Bösch von Kappel SG

Post by Wolf »

Thank you for your additional info, which I have added above.

Further discussions on Baumgartner should take place in Baumgartner von Alt St.Johann, where you'll find more info on siblings as well.

I recommend you "subscribe" to this topic in order to get notified whenever a new contribution is added there.

Return to “St.Gallen (SG)”