Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
solan

Bansi von Ardez GR

Beitrag von solan » Mi 27. Jul 2011, 20:36

Heinrich Bansi, pfarrer 19 march 1754 -2 oct 1835

This is my grandmothers grandmothers grandfather. From Chamfer
I am interested in all his children.
(There is a lot on the internet on his career.)

Solan - I live in sweden
Zuletzt geändert von Wolf am Do 28. Jul 2011, 21:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Heinrich Bansi, pfarrer 19 march 1754 -2 oct 1835

Wolf

Re: Bansi von Ardez GR

Beitrag von Wolf » Do 28. Jul 2011, 21:48

The only pre-1800 citizenship of Bansi is that of Ardez.

In 1870 a line from Ardez gained citizenship of Silvaplana.

As you are looking for data before 1870 the church records of Ardez would be a good starting point.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

Carmen

Beitrag von Carmen » Mi 7. Sep 2011, 05:17

Im Anhang sind mir bis jetzt bekannte Nachkommen von Heinrich Bansi aufgelist

Gruss Carmen
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

solan

Beitrag von solan » Mi 7. Sep 2011, 10:59

Thank you Carmen - Vielen Dank.

Eine neue mysterium.

I will post a new question. Vieleicht können Sie antworten.

solan

Beitrag von solan » Do 8. Sep 2011, 11:01

Is there a brother of Heinrich Bansi ?

Now that I found out he is not the grandfather och my great great
grandmother, I need to search for HIS/ ANY BROTHER
to sort out the mystery.

solan

Tarcos

Beitrag von Tarcos » Sa 10. Sep 2011, 11:01

Hallo,

A Kopie of Wiki:

Henry Bansi (* March 1754 in Chamues-ch ; † October 2nd 1835 in Champfèr ) was a Swiss Reformed pastor .
Henry Bansi was in March 1754 in Chamues-ch in the Upper Engadine in the canton Graubunden born as the son of the pastor Lucius Bansi. On 19 March 1754 he was baptized there. Lucius Bansis family came from Ardez . Bansi taught his son Lucius themselves first, 1769 he sent him to Herrnhut .

On 15 Bansi in June 1773, Heinrich Malan in the Evangelical Synod Rhaetian included. He had not studied at a university, but was prepared by his father on the examination before the synod.

Associated with the inclusion in the Synod was the right in the Free State of Three Leagues to be working as a pastor. Bansi was initially not own parish, but assisted his father in the church in its community Fläsch . He held this job as a helper for official information held until 1784. Nevertheless, Bansi probably spent some time spent to study outside of Fläsch. The obvious is that he briefly joined the Reformed Academy in Lausanne studied, although he was not there in the matriculation is mentioned. To work as a priest he had not sought.

In 1784 he succeeded his father in Fläsch. He was only two years as a priest working; rather, he devoted himself to politics. In 1786 he was expelled because of his political activities from the Evangelical Synod Rhaetian. At the same time, he worked as a farmer. 1798 he was a soldier and later captain of the French army. In 1803 he moved to Silvaplana and then after Champfèr , where he remained until his death on 2 October 1835 survived. He published works on agricultural issues and the history of his homeland. The largest part of his estate is unpublished at the state archives in Chur, Grisons.

Qulle in dt./original: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Bansi

And: Public Record Office Graubünden Genealogy card index. Klick on: Familienforschungskartei_aktualisierte_Version:
Suchen means= search. Enter the name Bansi:

http://www.gr.ch/EN/grisons/Seiten/Welcome.aspx

http://www.gr.ch/DE/institutionen/verwa ... lblatt.pdf

Biographic-Bibliographic church encyclopedia (BBKL) is a biographical reference work on church history in 1975 by Friedrich Wilhelm Bautz was founded. Today it seems the publisher Traugott Bautz.

If you wish to use our BBKL completely, you must login.
Alphabetical Index
(BANSI, Henry, * March 1754 in Chamues-ch / Upper Engadine †, 2 October 1835 in Champfér / Upper Engadine, Reformed pastor and politician)

http://www.bautz.de/bbkl/

Nachlas means : Testament/Estate : Pfr. Heinrich Bansi (1754 1835).
Letters/ correspondence of. Pastor Heinrich Bansi (1786 – 1832).

1827 – 1829: to his son Johann Bansi (BIELEFELD/GERMANY)
1832: to his grandchildren (BIELEFELD/GERMANY)

http://www.gr.ch/DE/institutionen/verwa ... _Bansi.pdf

Johann Fortunat Bansi:

The way of the Swiss penniless apprentice confectioner Johann Fortunat Bansi , who founded a liqueur factory in Bielefeld and in the best circles of the city .Likörfabrik J. Bansi Bielefeld 1823-1960. Business - Advertising - Welfare (15 October 1995 to January 7, 1996) With this show, the extensive business and family estate Bansi, who had purchased the Historical Museum and scientifically developed, presented to the public. The way of the indigent Swiss confectioner Johann apprentice Fortunat Bansi, who founded a liqueur factory in Bielefeld and rises in the best circles of the city, was traced as well as the impressive economic and charitable activities that carry on the following generations of family in Bielefeld.

In German: Der Weg des mittellosen Schweizer Konditorlehrlings Johann Fortunat Bansi, der in Bielefeld eine Likörfabrik gründet und................

Historical--Museum in Bielefeld:

Quelle: http://www.historisches-museum-bielefel ... hiv956.htm

Bansi in the USA:

http://www.usidentify.com/l/bansi

http://www.schattenblick.de/infopool/pa ... es022.html

Tacos
Zuletzt geändert von Tarcos am So 11. Sep 2011, 15:44, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

solan

Beitrag von solan » Sa 10. Sep 2011, 11:23

Thanks again
There is an overwhelming mass of data to process.
I have a lot on Heinrich Bansi- but wrote the wrong birthplace on this forum I discovered now.

In my familyline there is data that Johann Bansi in Bielefelt
were fosterparents to my great great grandmother Ursine Zuvang or
grandmothers mother Marie Nielsen.
So the familys are connected- but not directly by Heinrich Bansi.
So he ought to have a brother or an uncle ......

I have to sort out the districts, municipals and villages of Graubünden
and then search for microfilms to dig further.

Thanks for your contributions :P
solan

solan

Heinrich Bansi

Beitrag von solan » Di 14. Mai 2013, 11:42

Hello
I have now confirmed that I am a descendant / nachkomme of Heinrich Bansi 1754 -1835 Silvaplana.
I travel from Sweden to Chur 21-24 may to study the Staads Archive
If anyone is interested in meeting and helping me a little bit- I would be delighted.
;) solan
Zuletzt geändert von Wolf am Di 14. Mai 2013, 13:09, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Do NOT enter mail addresses in the text - this just invites spam. Use PN if direct contact is required.

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 14. Mai 2013, 13:12

As mentioned above, Bansi gained citizenship of Silvaplana as late as 1870, and this family is originally from Ardez - so it makes sense to discuss it in a single thread.

Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/

solan

Beitrag von solan » Di 14. Mai 2013, 13:22

Hello
i understand what you are saying about writing on a single thread- OK- I will remember that.

But I don´understand why you mention Silvaplana 1870 as
I have records and data back in 1728 the birth of the father of Heinrich Bansi.
Thank you for taking your time anyway.
solan

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 14. Mai 2013, 13:41

solan hat geschrieben:I don´t understand why you mention Silvaplana 1870 as I have records and data back in 1728 the birth of the father of Heinrich Bansi.
You have to understand the difference between place of living and place of citizenship when doing research in Switzerland.
Check the Register of Swiss Surnames for Bansi - and you'll see that the family may have lived in Silvaplana much earlier - but gained citizenship as late as 1870.
BTW - this will also link to info on Heinrich Bansi - though not in English - where it is mentioned that he lived (after 1803) and died in Silvaplana, but was a citizen of Ardez (indicated by "von Ardez").

solan

Beitrag von solan » Di 14. Mai 2013, 14:57

Thank you - this was very informative.
Now my innocent question: WHY does it even be of any importance to mention "citizenship" when you
try to find your ancestors....
In Sweden we can find the records only by finding Place of birth, Place of Death , Place of marriage
etc.
Is it not an Uberflussig information ??
Or does it have any KEY to some records I need to understand ??

Thank you in advance
solan

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 14. Mai 2013, 15:55

solan hat geschrieben:WHY does it even be of any importance to mention "citizenship" when you try to find your ancestors....
This is briefly described in the above linked page on the principle of Swiss citizenship: for all of Switzerland for any event after 1876, for most cantons since the early 19th century, and for many cities much earlier (e.g. St.Gallen since about 1500) ALL information on a family is collected at the community of citizenship - irrespective of where something happened (provided, of course, that the event was reported, as it should have been).

In other words: if you know the place of citizenship, for many questions there is no need to chase around different locations ... as long as you know the place of citizenship.

solan

Beitrag von solan » Di 14. Mai 2013, 16:37

:D That was very good to know - THANK YOU !

Now, when I want to look at mikrofilms - do I ask för place of citizenship and year,
and there I may find some data ???

Thank you in advance
solan

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 14. Mai 2013, 19:15

solan hat geschrieben:Now, when I want to look at mikrofilms - do I ask for place of citizenship and year, and there I may find some data ???
You are looking for someone living 1754-1835: unfortunately I do not find any information on when in Graubünden Bürgerregister were started - on the web page I only find that they have been filmed until 1929. Consequently I cannot say whether your Heinrich Bansi will be mentioned in such a register. If not (because he lived too early) you will likely have to search church records.

If you are planning to visit Chur I strongly recommend you contact the Staatsarchiv prior to your visit, describe what you are looking for - so they will be prepared for your visit. They will know, whether there are Bürgerregister of relevance for your research, or what other sources might be at hand. They will also know how the Bürgerregister (if covering your time period) is structured, e.g. whether there is an index or not.

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Di 14. Mai 2013, 19:26

The Bürgerregister start around 1860 and often have also much older entries. They are available on microfilm in the Archives.
There's a lot of information on this family in the Genealogical File of the Archives. Therefore, a visit is certainly worthwhile.

Peter

solan

Beitrag von solan » Di 14. Mai 2013, 22:42

Thank you Wolf and Peter :D
I have been in contact with Staatsarchive, and have the document "Nachlass Pfr. Heinrich Bansi "
from where I have picked items for them to find for me.

Regarding microfilms I wait for answer from them on how this is structured,

Thank you Peter for "Famil.forschung" dokument.

Now I got a new information/term from you Wolf on "Bürgerregister " which confuses me.
Is that another "way" of describing what is on the microfilms ??
"We possess all the church books of the Kanton Graubünden on microfilm "
they said at the Staatsarchive.
Thanks for your patient answering my endless questions...... :oops:
solan

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 15. Mai 2013, 10:54

solan hat geschrieben:Now I got a new information/term from you Wolf on "Bürgerregister " which confuses me.
Is that another "way" of describing what is on the microfilms ??
"We possess all the church books of the Kanton Graubünden on microfilm "
they said at the Staatsarchive.
I have to agree that this may easily be confusing, especially as often different words are used in different parts of Switzerland ... and I don't mean the different languages, but different parts of German speaking Switzerland.

Zivilstandsregister (Civil Register): at least there is a unique name for this! The system was set up in 1876, and collects all vital data on any Swiss citizen; it is kept at the Civil Registry Office responsible for the place of citizenship.

Bürgerregister (Citizens' Register): is named differently in different cantons. Data similar to Zivilstandsregister, but started earlier, e.g. in St.Gallen in the 1820/30ies - then including all citizens living at the time, i.e. often containing data back to the late 18th century. In Aargau they were started in 1818 - and my impression was that this type of register was compulsory in all cantons - until I learned recently that Schwyz didn't have them at all.

I am not sure about the situation in Graubünden: on their web page I only find the "Bürgerregister" have been filmed prior to 1929, not when they started. The year 1929 is significant: the "Zivilstandsregister" at first only registered births, marriages and deaths. From 1929 onwards also a "Familienregister (family register)" was kept, compiling all data on a family (husband, wife [all if he married several times], children) ... pretty similar to the older "Bürgerregister". Usually the older Bürgerregister were continued until 1929, when they were superseeded with the new part of Zivilstandsregister. Back to Graubünden: filmed prior to 1929 means the complete Bürgerregisters have been filmed - but we still don't know "officially" when they were started.

Kirchenbücher (Church Records): were kept at the parishes - whilst Bürgerregister and Zivilstandsregister were/are kept by a governement organisation. In most cantons the State Archive will have copies of all church records - at least prior to 1876, often for later time periods as well. This also applies to Graubünden: see their response - which doesn't mention Bürgerregister at all (at least not in the parts you have quoted); did you ask specifically about Bürgerregister?

solan

Beitrag von solan » Mi 15. Mai 2013, 16:05

Hello again.
Thanks for your answer.

I think I will manage with the "Nachlass H.Bansi" (letters, books etc ) as there is a book there that I want to check out.
And I have a list of Churchbooks from Staadsarchive - so maybe I can find something there too. I will be happy with a little
this time...I am satisfied just for the fun of coming to the location of my ancestors.

This is what info I got from Chur Staadsarchive:

"you have to know the birthplace, the villige, to find anything into the Kirchenbücher." says Staadsarchive

"Ja, wir haben Bürgerregister, aber diese darf man nur mit permission of the office of migration and civil rights anschauen"

thanks again
solan

Carmen

Beitrag von Carmen » Mo 19. Jul 2021, 13:23

Soeben ist mein neues Buch „Die Bürger der Gemeinde Ardez“ erschienen.

Es ist erhältlich unter https://www.bod.ch/buchshop/die-buerger ... 3753436203

Auf über 800 Seiten sind alle Bürger bis 1917 erfasst

Fredi

Antworten

Zurück zu „Graubünden (GR)“