Schicker von Baar ZG

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
bluewolfnz02

Schicker, Schon, and Gasser family

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » So 9. Jan 2011, 02:36

Hello to all. I am researching my great great great grandparents Joseph Leonz Schicker and Maria Barbara Gasser. He was born about 1846 in Baar, Zug, Switzerland. They left Switzerland for New Zealand about 1885. They had several children, all born in Switzerland, before they left. Joseph Leonz Schicker's parents are listed as Jacob Martin Schicker and Virginia Schon on his death certificate. I would love to talk to any one who may be related. I am also hoping to find someone with access to records there who could look up their names for me.

Hallo an alle. Ich erforsche meine Ur-Ur-Urgroßeltern Joseph Leonz Schicker und Maria Barbara Gasser. Er war etwa 1846 in Baar, Zug, Schweiz geboren. Sie verliess die Schweiz für Neuseeland um 1885. Sie hatten mehrere Kinder, die alle in der Schweiz geboren, bevor sie gingen. Joseph Leonz Schicker Eltern sind als Jacob Martin Schicker und Virginia Schon auf seinem Totenschein angegeben. Ich würde gerne jedem, der in Verbindung stehen können sprechen. Ich bin auch in der Hoffnung, jemanden mit Zugang zu Aufzeichnungen gibt, schauen ihren Namen für mich finden konnte. Ich spreche kein Deutsch, so bin mit Google Translator
Tracey

Tracey Smart

Wolf

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von Wolf » So 9. Jan 2011, 13:19

A technical comment first - please, discuss a single name only in each thread: this thread should discuss Schicker only. Once you got more data on the wifes' lines, start new threads for them - which can be linked to each other.

Form Familiennamenbuch I can confirm that Schicker have been citizens of Baar since before 1800. As the family left Switzerland after 1876, they should be recorded in the civil register of Baar - contact the Civil Registry Office there and ask
1. whether your ancestors can be identified in their register, and if yes
2. what you are expected to do to get a Familienschein.

This sort of info will only be given to proven direct descendants. Once you are beyond 1876 church records will be the first source - available more freely.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

bluewolfnz02

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » So 9. Jan 2011, 23:41

I apologize. I am desperate to find information about my Schicker family. My mother, grandmother and great grandmother Lena Allemann were all born in Taranaki, New Zealand. Ida Schicker married John Martin Allemann in 1897. Her marriage certificate states that her parents are Joseph Leonz Schicker and Maria Gasser. I found them on a passenger list for a ship going to Australia in 1885. I assume they boarded a ship bound for New Zealand when they arrived there. Joseph Leonz Schicker's father is Jacob Martin Schicker. I found his name on Joseph's death certificate. I would like to talk to any one who may be related or can possibly help me with research. This is all I know about the Schicker family at present.

Tracey Smart

bluewolfnz02

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 09:45

hello Wuff
thank you for the information. Could you please help me. Google translator has decided not to translate the page. I am a direct descendant of Ida Schicker, who is my great great grandmother. She was born to Joseph Leonz Schicker and Maria Gasser. I am looking for birth certificates and their marriage certificate. His parents are listed on his death certificate as Jacob Martin Schicker and Virginia Schon. Any help would be much appreciated. I have just begun to learn the German language but without help in translating I am afraid I will not get very far. Can you tell me how to contact someone to order certificate? or if I am able to view the information online? I am also interested in finding out more about town of Baar for the book I am currently in the process of writing for my family.

Tracey Smart

Knisterbein

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von Knisterbein » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 10:43

Die Schicker von Baar stammen aus Blickensdorf (bei Baar).
Der erste erwähnte Schicker ist Hensli aus Blickensdorf. Er starb auf dem Schlachtfeld 1444 bei St. Jakob, mit anderen 16 Baarern.

1885 wanderte Leonz Schicker (1846-1939) mit seiner Frau
Marie geb. Gasser (vom Hirschen) und ihren 5 Kindern nach Neuseeland aus (Zugerbieter 3.März 1936).
Leonz war das drittälteste von 16 Kindern.

1909 wanderte Alois Schicker (1883-1927) mit seiner Frau Ida geb. Utiger. Ihre 8 Kinder wurden in Neuseeland geboren.

Angeblich soll ein Stammbaum existieren. Ich werde versuchen den Besitzer zu finden (Name ist mir bekannt).

herzliche Grüsse
Pius

Wolf

Translation of Pius' information

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 13:07

The Schicker family of Baar originate from Blickensdorf (near Baar).

The first Schicker on record is Hensli from Blickensdorf. He died 1444 in the battle of St.Jakob, together with 16 other men from Baar.

Leonz Schlicker (1846-1939) emigrated with his wife Marie, nee Gasser (vom Hirschen), in 1885 with their 5 children to New Zealand (source Zugerbieter 3 March 1936 - a newspaper). Leonz was the third oldest of (finally) 16 children.

In 1909 Alois Schlicker (1883-1927) and his wife Ida, nee Utiger, also emigrated. They had 8 children born in New Zealand.

There is supposed to be a family tree - I will try to find the owner (name known).

Best regards - Pius
Google translator has decided not to translate the page. ... Can you tell me how to contact someone to order certificate? or if I am able to view the information online?
I assume you refer to the page of the Civil Registry Office: there is no info of interest for you on the page - only(!) their email address, which you will easily recognise. There is no information of this type online - you will have to contact them by email - and ask the two questions I have mentioned.

Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/

bluewolfnz02

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 20:38

Ich weiß nicht, was Sir sagen. Vielen Dank.

Ich hatte keine Ahnung das Schicker Familie geht zurück bis 1444 und in einem Bereich. Dies ist sicherlich der am weitesten Ich habe für Aufzeichnungen für eine Linie in meiner Familie. War diese Familie katholisch?

Ich fand Alois Schicker in Okato im Jahre 1992 begraben im Alter von 81 Jahren. Ich frage mich, ob dies sein Sohn sein kann? Auch in der Taranaki Friedhof Suche aufgeführt ist Albert, Bertha, Clara Rosella, Emil, Karl und FREDINAND. Sowie viele andere. Ich hoffe, dass diese Menschen können einige von Leonz Schicker Brüder und Schwestern gewesen sein.

In Bezug auf Hensli Schicker von Blickendorf, ich habe eine Menge Arbeit zu tun, um den Stammbaum zu vervollständigen.

I do not know what to say Sir. Thank you very much.

I had no idea the Schicker family goes back to 1444 and in one area. This is certainly the farthest I have for records for a line in my family. Was this family catholic?

I did find Alois Schicker buried in Okato in 1992 at the age of 81. I am wondering if this may be his son? Also listed in the Taranaki Cemetery search is Albert, Bertha, Clara Rosella, Emil, Karl, and Fredinand. As well as many others. I am hoping that these people may have been some of Leonz Schicker's brothers and sisters.

In regards to Hensli Schicker of Blickendorf, I have a lot of work to do to complete the family tree.

Tracey Smart

Wolf

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 21:02

Hi - another technical comment first again ;-). Forget about Google or any other computer translation: they may be usuful to understand a text in a foreign language - but should never be used to send out texts; many Swiss readers will understand your text in English better than what Googles makes out of it (in German). In other words - postings in just English are fine.

Alois will not have been a son of Leonz: he was born 1883 in Switzerland - and Leonz with family emigrated in 1885; they would not have left a 2 year old back.

As for Hensli Schicker: don't expect to find a genealogical connection to him. He may be mentioned in a report on the battle - but chances to find records of genealogical relevance, to prove a filitation, are minimal to nil - due to lack of relevant sources from the 15th century.

Knisterbein

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von Knisterbein » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 21:56

Wolf liegt natürlich richtig in der Annahme, dass Hensli lediglich in den Listen der Gefallenen aufgetaucht ist. Hier in diesem Fall stammt die Information aus "Das Schlachtenjahrzeit der Eidgenossen", Basel 1940, Seiten 293 und 122 von Rudolf Henggeler. Aber der Chronist in der Schicker Geschichte erwähnt einen Heini Schicker, der 1470 die Dorfgemeinschaft Blickensdorf in einem Streit gegen einen Steinhauser Neubürger vertritt. 1471 hat derselbe Heini als erster Zeuge gegen das Zisterzienser Kloster Kappel ausgesagt und die Mönche als Patronatsherren daran erinnert, den Unterhalt an der Kirche St. Martin in Baar erinnert.
Weitere Schicker in meinen Unterlagen aus: "Das geistliche Baar"

Johann Jakob (1687-1741), Sohn des Johann Kaspar Schicker und der Veronika Utiger, war Pfarrhelfer in Baar von 1733 bis zu seinem Tode.

Jacob Johann (1741-?) Sohn des Franz Josef Schicker un der Maria Anna Iten, war Benediktiner Pater in Pfäffers (P. Martin) und als solches Pfarrer in Valens, in Vättis, in Quarten und Vilters von 1785 bis 1792.

Oswald Bernhard (1694-1750) Sohn des Johann Martin Schicker in Blickensdorf und der Elisabetha Syfrig war als P.Silvan Kapuziner und starb als Vikar in Chur.

Christof (1703-1766) Sohn des Oswald Josef Schicker und der Maria Anna Sattler ... sonst nichts bekannt (schrieb mein Urgrossvater)

usw.

Ich werde aber in Kürze mehr erfahren, da ich den Besitzer des Stammbaumes gefunden habe.

bluewolfnz02

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 22:17

Thank you. It is amazing what you can discover when you ask about family. Are there any other types of records available online for Baar such as cemetery records? This town must have such an amazing history as well as the fact that the Schicker family has lived there for at least 500 years. I wonder why my Schicker ancestors left switzerland?

Tracey Smart

Knisterbein

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von Knisterbein » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 22:29

Tracey, you get more info per mail, pls check

Übrigens Herr Wolf, vielen Dank für die Übersetzung. In der Zwischenzeit konnte ein Kontakt erfolgreich vermittelt werden. Ein ausführlicher Stammbaum existiert bereits.
- Editiert von Knisterbein am 11.01.2011, 14:16 -

bluewolfnz02

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » So 16. Jan 2011, 11:26

hello
I was wondering if any one has photographs of the town of Baar? I am curious to see where my ancestors came out from.

Tracey Smart

Knisterbein

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von Knisterbein » So 16. Jan 2011, 12:12

Auf den folgenden Links findet man ein paar Bilder über Baar:

http://www.baar.ch/de/portrait/fotoalbu ... 48&arcid=0

Zimbel, soviel ich weiss, der Stammhof der Schicker von Baar
http://www.baar.ch/de/portrait/fotoalbu ... 48&arcid=0

Häuser am Weg. Im 3. Teil wird auch der Zimbel kurz beschrieben:

www.zug-tourismus.ch/files/?id=26380 ( das ist ein PDF download)

bluewolfnz02

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » Do 27. Jan 2011, 08:33

those pictures are amazing. thank you. Did Switzerland ever have census collected? I am going to order film from Baar through the family history center here in the hopes of tracing the Schicker family back through Jacob Martin Schicker and his wife Virginia Schon.

Tracey Smart

bluewolfnz02

Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von bluewolfnz02 » Sa 16. Apr 2011, 09:16

I recently viewed church records from Baar, Zug, Switzerland and am hoping to contact any one descended from one of these people.

Father: Johan Jacob Martin Theod Schicker
Mother: Anna Maria Vincenzia Schön
married: 11 November 1842 in Baar, Zug, Switzerland

All children were born in Baar, Zug, Switzerland

Children
Name: M. Therefia Vincenzia Schicker
Date of Birth: 7 September 1843
Patrini: Joseph Sylvan Schön
Therefia Müller

Name: Joseph Johan Matinus Schicker
DoB: 13 November 1844
Patrini: Josephus Schicker
Maria Anna Zürecher

Name: Martin Josef Leontin Schicker (I believe this to be my 3rd G Grandfather)
DoB: 11 November 1845
Patrini: Leontius Schicker
Maria Yosefa Schoen

Name: Maria Barbara Carolina Schicker
DoB: 13 April 1847
Patrini: Christian Steiner
Barbara Schoen

Name: Carolus Antonius Schicker
DoB: 11 July 1848
Patrini: Carolus Anton Schicker
M. Catharina Steiner

Name: Catherin Martina Barbara Schicker
DoB: 30 August 1849
Date of Death: 1849
Patrini: Carolus Steiner
Barbara Steiner

Name: Maria Magda Agnes Caroline Schicker
DoB: 10 November 1850
Patrini: John Baptift Zureher
Magdalena Schicker

Name: Carolus Caspar Schicker
DoB: 26 March 1860
DoD: 1860
Patrini: Carl Schumacher
Rofa Jazön Noemie

Name: Maria Anna Elizabeth Schicker
DoB: 8 March 1862
Patrini: Joseph Leontius Schön
Elizabeth Steiner

Name: Carl Joseph Schicker
DoB: 22 August 1853
DoD: 1887
Patrini: Carl Joseph Schumacher
Josephina Müller

Name: Josephus Antonius Schicker
DoB: 27 January 1855
DoD: 1855
Patrini: Joseph Anton Schicker
Catharina Müller

Name: Carl Joseph Antonius Schicker
DoB: 16 October 1856
Patrini: Carl Anton Steiner
Maria Roja Steiner

Name: Anna Francisca Schicker
DoB: 29 December 1857
DoD: 1898
Patrini: Antonius Schicker
Anna Schumacher

Name: Anna Vincentia Schicker
DoB: 21 June 1861
Patrini: Yanathan Jattler
Vincentia Zehn Durnat Hollin

Name: Carl Yohan Aloyfian Schicker
DoB: 27 December 1863
Patrini: Carolus Fehan
Maria Anna Ulliger

I assume Patrini means God parents. I can not find a translation for the word.

Tracey Smart

Bochtella

Re: Schicker von Baar ZG

Beitrag von Bochtella » Sa 23. Feb 2019, 22:38

Grüezi Lesende,

Schicker von Baar ZG, in Historisches Lexikon der Schweiz

Bochtella

dunamistom

Beitrag von dunamistom » Mi 20. Mär 2019, 04:45

Hello Tracey

My grandparents are Robert an Anna Fischer and our Schicker relatives visited them when they could. Maybe we could compare notes ?

Bochtella

Beitrag von Bochtella » Fr 24. Jan 2020, 19:15

Grüezi Lesende,

in der Aktensammlung Acta Helvetica der Zurlaubiana finden sich einige Schicker.

Resultate auf der Plattform Aargau Digital über eine Webseite des Kantons Aargau.

Bochtella

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zug (ZG)“