Disch von Elm GL

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
Robert Disch

Disch von Elm GL

Beitrag von Robert Disch » Do 25. Nov 2021, 14:40

Our family has just made the connection to Elm. Our sincere thanks to Mr. Wild for his marvelous work on the Canton Glarus. My grand father (Werner Bernard Disch), his three brothers, sister (Elsbeth) and Father (John Disch) emigrated to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1853/1854. So blessed to have such a special heritage. Looking forward to learning more about the family and people of Switzerland.
Zuletzt geändert von Robert Disch am Do 25. Nov 2021, 15:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Wolf

Re: Disch von Elm GL

Beitrag von Wolf » Do 25. Nov 2021, 15:08

Welcome to the Forum, Robert :) !

You mention Patrick Wild: a large part of his database can be searched via Geneal-Tree (also on this server). There I find a Johannes (John) Disch, emigrating to the USA in 1853/54 ... would this be your ancestor? The data on his family do not quite match your post - but if Patrick has provided you with this information recently, this might just be waiting for the next update.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

Robert Disch

Re: Disch von Elm GL

Beitrag von Robert Disch » Do 25. Nov 2021, 15:26

Thank you for responding. I have edited my post to correct the name of Johannes daughter to Elsbeth.
My son and I have an ancestry family tree Ancestry.com

Antworten

Zurück zu „Glarus (GL)“