Lafoy de Bordeaux, Gironde

Aquitaine (Départements: Dordogne (24), Gironde (33), Landes (40), Lot-et-Garonne (47), Pyrénées-Atlantiques (64))
Limousin (Départements : Corrèze (19), Creuse (23), Haute-Vienne (87))
Poitou-Charentes (Départements : Charente (16), Charente-Maritime (17), Deux-Sèvres (79), Vienne (86))
Aquitaine (Départements: Dordogne (24), Gironde (33), Landes (40), Lot-et-Garonne (47), Pyrénées-Atlantiques (64))
Limousin (Départements : Corrèze (19), Creuse (23), Haute-Vienne (87))
Poitou-Charentes (Départements : Charente (16), Charente-Maritime (17), Deux-Sèvres (79), Vienne (86))

Moderator: Marglats

ElizabethCosta

Re: Lafoy de Bordeaux, Gironde

Beitrag von ElizabethCosta » Di 23. Feb 2021, 05:07

1798 is the date that my grandmother told me she was born. She knew very few things about Marie Pauline, but she always said she was born in Bordeaux in 1798.

griffy

Beitrag von griffy » Di 23. Feb 2021, 14:17

Yes, the whole thing is quite puzzling. We currently have a 7 year interval for the birth of Marie Pauline (1798 - 1803 - 1805) depending on what source you rely on. So far, the only consistency we have is in the assertion that she was born in Bordeaux.

Considering the huge work over many years by genealogy volunteers systematically indexing church and civil records on both sides of the Garonne river ‒ check out http://fshgenea33.fr for instance ‒, the prospects of discovering a birth record that would have slipped through the cracks are slim to none. Especially in Bordeaux where there are often 2 different versions for each record (one at the Gironde department level and one at the city archives).

Now this does not mean that all hope is lost. Indexing is still ongoing. What is available online is only a fraction of the material held in the archives. There are other venues to explore such as census records, etc. But so far, there hasn't been much luck there either.

As suggested by the moderator, I'll be opening a new topic specifically dedicated to the Lafouasse surname in Bordeaux. This topic was supposed to be on the Lafoy in Bordeaux, but it has somewhat drifted. Truth be said: the issues exposed above also apply to the Lafoy family. Both surnames are quite rare in Bordeaux.

ElizabethCosta

Beitrag von ElizabethCosta » Do 28. Okt 2021, 12:32

Hello Griffy, I hope you are doing great! I wonder if you ever continued the research on Lafouasse from Bordeaux?

All the best, Elizabeth

Antworten

Zurück zu „Nouvelle Aquitaine“