Bärtschi von Eggiwil BE

Moderator: Wolf

Oberli

Bärtschi von Eggiwil BE

Beitrag von Oberli » Fr 21. Dez 2012, 18:19

Guten Tag!
Ich kann aus diesem Text die untersten 3 Zeilen überhaupt nicht entziffern!
Evtl. kriegt das jemand ja hin?
Steht das wegen der Todesursache?

angaben zur Person, die auch im Test übereinstimmen:

Ehemann Peter Bärtschi
Geburt 8. Juli 1803 Eggiwil, Glashütte
Taufe 8. Juli 1803 Eggiwil
Ehe 9. Dezember 1831 Eggiwil
Tod 9. Juli 1844
Eltern Peter Bärtschi und Elisabeth Bärtschi

Ehefrau Magdalena Hebeisen
Geburt 15. Juli 1810 Eggiwil
Taufe 15. Juli 1810 Eggiwil
Tod 31. Juli 1882

Gruss vom
Werner Oberli
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

ich erforsche:
Oberli von Rüderswil, Bärtschi von Eggiwil, Wüthrich von Trub
Wüthrich von Eggiwil, Reber und Egli, Glücki und Bieri von Schangnau

Walter
Supporter 2022

Re: Bärtschi von Eggiwil BE

Beitrag von Walter » Sa 22. Dez 2012, 20:32

Hallo Werner
Das ist fast nicht zu entziffern!
Ich mach mal einen Anfang!
Walter

[Fortsetzung]
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Walter Stauffenegger
Suche alles zu Stauffenegger, Stuffenegger, Struffenegger usw.

NALEXAN1

Baertschi

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mo 3. Okt 2016, 01:19

My father was the last male Baertschi in his family that I know of. His grandfather immigrated from Eggiwill, Bern, Switzerland to Philadelphia in 1897 at age 21. However, his Naturalization papers state that his place of birth was Blonay, Vaud, Switzerland district Riveria-Pays-d' Enhaut. I am not able to find Baertschi family members further back than my Baertschi relative who immigrated here. It also seems that very few Baertschi’s settled in Pennsylvania. Many seemed to have gone to Wisconsin. My great grandfather who immigrated to Philadelphia was Adolph Samuel Baertschi Sr. his son was Adolph Samuel Baertschi Jr and my father was Adolph William Baertschi. If anyone in the group is aware of any Baertschi’s who have a connection to Philadelphia, please let me know. Thank you!

Renato
Supporter 2021

Beitrag von Renato » Di 4. Okt 2016, 09:53

Hallo Werner und Walter
Walter hat geschrieben:Das ist fast nicht zu entziffern! Ich mach mal einen Anfang!
Und ich versuche mal die Fortsetzung ;)
Der Eintrag ist zusammen mit dem vorherigen Eintrag zu lesen:

Starb mit dem Obigen beim Holzflössen im Schachgraben. Die Beerdigung bewilligt nach gerichtlicher Amtsprüfung.

Kommt das in etwa hin?

Gruss
Renato

NALEXAN1

Bartschi Baertschi

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Di 11. Jun 2019, 12:48

Hello,
I was wondering if someone could give me a clue of why my paternal great grandfather (born 19 Feb 1876) would have been born in Blonay, Vaud, Switzerland when the hometown was Eggiwil? Also, I know the names of his parents but I cannot find any other information regarding his parents. My great grandfather immigrated to America in 1897. When he came to America, he went to a German church in Philadelphia and I know that Vaud is mainly French. I would appreciate any advice on this subject. Thank you Nancy Baertschi :)

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 08:22

Hi Nancy,

Many people from the overpopulated Bern were seeking work in the French speaking part of Switzerland in the 19th century, notably in Vaud, Neuchâtel and Geneva.

In fact, the parents married 1868 in Lausanne and had subsequently baptized several children alongside the coast up to Montreux, e.g. in Blonay, until 1875; you can find them here. Children after 1875 may be found in the Civil Registry, which is not online; but you could ask the regional Office of the civil registry in Langnau for a copy of the leaf of the family in the old cantonal family register (Bürgerrodel).
Bärtschi marriage 1868.jpg
Bärtschi birth 1874.jpg
Peter

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 11:51

Good day Peter,
Thank you so much, I love having this information about my ancestor's marriage, this means a lot to me and I greatly appreciate it. I tried to use the website you linked for me, I just could not understand it in the past. I am going to continue to try since you tell me that I can find information regarding my ancestors on that website. Any tips on how to search for my Johannes and Anna ancestors? In the USA, the name is spelled Baertschi for the most part. In Switzerland, the surname Bartschi is very popular and so is Johannes. Please let me know your tips. Thank you so much, Nancy Baertschi :)

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 11:53

Peter, thank you also for this address, I will write to them.
Office of the civil registry in Langnau
Nancy

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 18:31

Hi Nancy,

To find the other children of the couple Bärtschi-Hauser (also written as Huser) until 1875, just follow my first link and click on the PDF-File. There's an alphabetic index (first letter only) at the end of the book. The origin (Heimatort) of Anna Hauser is Worb, not Eggiwil.

But the family register is probably the faster way to find the members of the family; these registers start soon after 1820, thus at least a further generation should be documented. Unfortunately, the Civil registry must charge its supporting services.

Peter

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 18:34

Thank you Peter, appreciated :)

Emmanuelle

Beitrag von Emmanuelle » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 19:06

Hello,

Found in old newspaper 1909 :

Emmanuelle
Zuletzt geändert von Emmanuelle am Mi 12. Jun 2019, 19:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 19:11

Thank you! :)

Walter
Supporter 2022

Beitrag von Walter » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 19:55

Johannes Bärtschi (Sohn von Johannes B. & Elisabeth Läderach) wurde am 6.3.1842 in Grosshöchstetten getauft, geboren wurde er (laut den Angaben im Taufeintrag) am 21.2.1842 (Rodel 11, Seite 45)

Grosshöchstetten_R11-S45_1842.png

Seine Eltern haben am 3.11.1837 in Eggiwil geheiratet (Rodel 20, Seite 108)

Eggiwil_R20-S108_1837.png

Sein Vater Johannes wurde am 25.12.1807 in Grosshöchstetten getauft, keine Angaben zur Geburt (Rodel 9, Seite 347)
Seine Eltern waren Christian B. & Anna Liechti, welche (laut Angaben im Taufeintrag) am 9.8.1805 in Eggiwil geheiratet haben

Grosshöchstetten_R9-S347_1807.png
Zuletzt geändert von Walter am Mi 12. Jun 2019, 20:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Walter Stauffenegger

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 20:02

Walter, Thank you so very much, I would never be able to read the documents without you reading them for me, then I was able to use an online translator for what you wrote for me to translate to English.

Walter
Supporter 2022

Beitrag von Walter » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 20:18

Das Lesen der alten Handschriften ist Übungssache ;) , also viel üben.

Hier noch die Heirat des Christen B. in Eggiwil (Rodel 19, Seite 7), diese Schrift ist noch etwas schwieriger zu lesen.
Sein Name wurde erst Christoff geschrieben und dann in Christen korrigiert.
Er wurde als "Davids Sohn von hier" (Eggiwil) notiert

Eggiwil_R19-S7_1805.png

Walter Stauffenegger

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 20:25

I have received so much help from this forum over the last couple of days and I am so grateful. I have been trying to find this information for years.
Thanks to all who have helped me!
I am thinking with this information, I maybe able to find the names of my great grandfather's (Adolph Samuel Bartschi born 19 Feb 1876 19 Blonay, Vaud, Switzerland) siblings now that I know for sure the names of his parents.
:) Nancy

Walter
Supporter 2022

Beitrag von Walter » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 22:11

Im Taufrodel 16 von Eggiwil (auswärts getaufte) findet man noch folgende Kinder von Johannes Bärtschi & Anna Hauser (Huser):

- Seite 100 > Johann Friedrich, geb. 28.9.1868, get. 25.10.1868 in Corsier VD
- Seite 154 > Heinrich Rudolf, geb. 16.11.1869, get. 19.12.1869 in Montreux
- Seite 250 > Christian Albert, geb. 10.12.1871, get. 28.1.1872 in Blonay
- Seite 374 > Ludwig Alexander, geb. 6.10.1874, get. 29.11.1874 in Blonay

Walter Stauffenegger

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 12. Jun 2019, 22:46

Walter,
Thank you Walter.
When you say, baptized abroad, does that mean that they were baptized in another country?
I do appreciate your help.
Nancy

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Do 13. Jun 2019, 00:18

Emmanuelle, I typed up the newspaper article that you sent, then had it translated by computer and it says in English: Mr and Mrs Jean Burki and their child, Mr Louis Burki; Mr and Mrs Rodolphe Baertschi, and their children, has Blonay; Mr. and Mrs. Christian Baertschi, and children, a. Clarens Mr and Mrs Fritz Baertschi, and their children, has St-Maurice; Mr and Mrs Alexandre Baertschi, and their children, has Baulmes; Mr and Mrs Paul Burki and their child, in America; Sir and Madam Adolphe Baertschi, and their children, in America: Mr Rodolphe Hauser, A Bern: Mr. and Mrs. Louis Hauser, and their children, is Bern; Mr. and Mrs. Christian Burki and their children has Biel: Madame Veuve Jean-Pierre Burki and her children, Biberen (CT. Bern), and many parents have pain to share has their parents, friends and acquaintances of the huge loss that they come of experience in the person of Madam Veuve Anna Burki-Baertschi their much loved mother, mother-in-law, grad' mother, sister, sister-bell, tate and cousin, that God has withdrawn it March 21 has 3 hours of the night, apresuane courie disease, at the age of 67. Burial will take place has Blonay Wednesday 24 current 4 p.m. worship has 3 h. ½. Det notice takes place announcement and convocation. Thanks, lots of family information in the article. Nancy

Walter
Supporter 2022

Beitrag von Walter » Do 13. Jun 2019, 09:13

NALEXAN1 hat geschrieben: Mi 12. Jun 2019, 22:46 When you say, baptized abroad, does that mean that they were baptized in another country?
In den Taufrodeln 10 bis 16 wurden die Taufen der Bürger von Eggiwil notiert, welche NICHT in Eggiwil getauft wurden, sondern in einer anderen Kirchgemeinde (eben auswärts).
Auf meiner kleinen Liste der Kinder von Johannes B. steht bei jeder Taufe am Schluss der Ort, wo dieses Kind getauft wurde (Corsier, Montreux usw.).
Zuletzt geändert von Walter am Do 13. Jun 2019, 09:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Walter Stauffenegger

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Do 13. Jun 2019, 16:34

Thank you

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » So 23. Jun 2019, 13:42

Good day, I contacted Civil Status and Civil Rights Service of the Canton of Bern , Office for Migration and Civil Status and they found Christian Bärtschi and Anna, born Liechti found in the register of Eggiwil (volume 1/228) information included would be name, first name, place of birth, date of birth, surname and first name, parents, place of marriage and date of death as well as place of death and date of death) any children are visible.They sent me a PDF Invoice to my email written in either German or French. I asked them to assist me with how to pay from the USA as I have never ordered anything from Switzerland nor have I ever paid anything in Francs. The conversion of the Franc to US dollars is not a problem I just do not know what to do to get the money to them. They stated "we can not help you because we do not know how to make payments in the US. It is best to contact your bank." I asked several people if they are familiar with this and no one is. I do not have a Swiss Consulate near where I live and I do not believe that anyone at my small bank can read the invoice. I am also nervous about making the payment. I could mail a USA money order to them, but as they stated, they do not know what to do. I have ordered genealogy documents from Trinidad West Indies before, and they had me mail a US money order. I am only posting on this forum for suggestions. I did not realize that this would be so complicated. I will not worry about receiving the documents if it is too difficult. I DID ask them before they put all the documents together, how will I pay, and all they said is that "we will send an invoice to your email," I DID ask about specific methods of payments, and they did not explain how I could pay. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Nancy

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » So 23. Jun 2019, 17:31

Hi Nancy,

The advice from the Civil Registry is absolutely correct: if your local bank does not know how to transfer money to a Swiss bank, you should probably consider to change your bank ... They must only know: the IBAN or the older BIC code, the name of the Swiss bank, name and address of the beneficiary, and the amount in CHF. All these details should be listed on the invoice of the Swiss office.

Peter

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » So 23. Jun 2019, 17:43

Thank you, I will translate the invoice and go to the bank tomorrow or the next day.
Nancy

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 10. Jul 2019, 20:56

Hello, I received the paper from Switzerland, unfortunately, I cannot read it. Here is the last part of it and was wondering if you could translate it for me? Maybe I could figure out the rest if I could get an idea of what the last part says.
2 part of Document.jpg
Thank you

Renato
Supporter 2021

Beitrag von Renato » Mi 10. Jul 2019, 23:03

Hallo

Hier der deutsche Text:

Anna geb. Höchstetten 18. Dezember 1818
Ohne Zweifel ist diese die Anna Bärtschi, welche den 24. Mai 1839 zu Trub sich verehelichte mit Johann Dreyer, Joh. von Trub, get. 1. Jan. 1818. Laut Eherodel ist zwar derselben ihr Taufjahr 1819, hier in diesem Rodel steht dagegen 1818, hingegen stimmt der Tauftag und der Ort der stattgefundenen Taufe.

Gruss, Renato

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Do 11. Jul 2019, 02:28

Thank you

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » So 18. Aug 2019, 20:44

Hello
I was wondering if there were records on-line to research my Swiss ancestor's occupations? Similar to the England and United States Census?
Thank you,
Nancy

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Mi 21. Aug 2019, 17:42

Hi Nancy,

The census records are not online in this canton. I'm not even sure if they kept the original registration sheets. However, you can find most parish records (Kirchenbücher) online; unfortunately, the professions are only mentioned on a very exceptional basis, e.g. if two persons had identical names.

Peter

NALEXAN1

Beitrag von NALEXAN1 » Mi 9. Sep 2020, 11:24

Thank you, I have not been on in a while

Antworten

Zurück zu „Bern (BE)“