Jules Major *1649 Lütticher Land, + 1701 Beienheim, Hessen

Antworten
Deichkind

Beitrag von Deichkind » Di 7. Aug 2012, 06:56

Lt. den Kirchenbuchunterlagen in Hessn war er ein Bierbrauer im Lütticher Raum und lt. Aussage von Familienforschern ist er vor den Soldaten geflüchtet. Die Frage, ob es sich um religiöse oder wirtschaftliche Gründe handelt, ist nicht geklärt.

Jules hat eine große Nachkommenschaft, welche genealogisch gut recherchiert wurde. Eine Linie gehörte zu den frühen Auswanderern an die Wolga. Ein Nachfahre der Wolga-Majors gründete Majorowka im Gebiet Karaganda in Kasachstan. Durch frühe Auswanderung und den Fall des eisernen Vorhanges gibt es heute Nachkommen z.B. in Deutschland, England und den USA.

Major - evtl. gleichzusetzen mit Maier oder Major aus dem englischen ?

richardmcgregor

Re: Jules Major *1649 Lütticher Land, + 1701 Beienheim, Hess

Beitrag von richardmcgregor » Sa 1. Dez 2012, 21:06

Hello

This posting relates to my family. I have been unable to find any register in the Liege area with the family but I believe that they were protestant (Walloon?). Jules is given as Julius in Germany. As far as I am aware there is no British connection. If any has ideas on where to search - I have tried the Mormons and some time ago searched some of the protestant settlements and registers in east Belgium without success, but I have not tried the predominantly catholic registers. The date of fleeing to Germany was 1672

Richard

Deichkind

Beitrag von Deichkind » Sa 20. Jul 2013, 18:27

sorry, my english is not so well.

His name sounds french, he was a brewer and yes, I think he was a wallon person and ev, not kath.

The area around of Beienheim is mostly ev .

What do you mean with British connection ?

if you find no information in this area, so it will be the best way to check the original books in Beienheim (now a part of Reichelsheim) or in the Archivs for Beienheim.

http://www.ev-kirche-beienheim.de

I send them a mail (I'm German) today.

Gudrun

richardmcgregor

Beitrag von richardmcgregor » So 21. Jul 2013, 02:09

Dear Gudrun

Thanks for your thoughts.

Major is a common surname in Britain but I do not believe there is any connection.

I have seen the parish registers of Beienheim - they start in 1701. The first entry is in Friedberg register in 1673 but only one entry.

I have looked at many Belgian records for Liege now and find very few Major families in 1660-73 and very few males called Julius or Jules so I am puzzled. My only possibility is Verviers so far - a family 'Desamory (Dezamory) dit Major'

Richard

Deichkind

Beitrag von Deichkind » Do 15. Aug 2013, 06:54

I wrote to the ev. Church in Beienheim and they answer, that all the old books are burning :-( .
Gudrun

richardmcgregor

Beitrag von richardmcgregor » Do 15. Aug 2013, 08:59

Oh well thank you for trying :)

Deichkind

Beitrag von Deichkind » Fr 22. Mai 2015, 15:52

Visit Beienheim in May 2015. Only the old churchbooks are burning, the others are in the ev. Church Office.

http://wwwhaplogruppe-u5-europaeu-gudru ... n-der.html

Antworten

Zurück zu „Liège - Lüttich“