Frey von Aawangen TG

Moderator: Wolf

Tudy

Frey von Aawangen TG

Post by Tudy »

Hello,

I am looking for someone in the Canton Thurgau who can do some genealogy research on my ancestors, the Frey family.

Jacob Frey (b) 20 Nov.1829 Evangelisch, Aawangen, Thurgau, Switzerland (Died in USA)
His parents: Heinrich Frey (b) 1798, m Anna Margaretha Steiner (b) 1804

What I would like are the birth, death and marriage records for this family and continuing back through maybe another generation. Jacob is my 3X grandfather.

Wolf

Re: Frey von Aawangen TG

Post by Wolf »

Welcome to the forum, Tudy !

Aawangen church records have been filmad and digitized: available via familysearch. You have to visit one of the Family History Centres (at least in Switzerland), however, to be able to access these files.

Once you have checked the baptismal registers for the years known to you already, I recommend to check the "Familienbuch" entries for your families: there you will find a compilation of data on all family members ... a nice starting point for further research in the baptismal / marriage / death registers.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

Tudy

Post by Tudy »

Thank you.
I am a member of family search and have entered the names and dates... no luck.
I was kind of hoping I could find a genealogist who would be willing to do the legwork for me, and what the fee might be.

As it turns out in my genealogy research I am not only connected to Switzerland through these individuals (on my mother’s side), but also to the Stutzman’s (Erlanbach, Berne) on my Father’s side.
Ironically, we have also learned that my husband’s family (on his father’s side) originated from Oberdieshbach, Berne
We used a Swiss Genealogist in the past to locate their information and visited the two towns a few years ago.
This year, we hope to visit the towns of Jacob and Anna. :-)

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Tudy wrote:
Thu 19. Dec 2019, 00:17
I am a member of family search and have entered the names and dates... no luck.
I did not mean transcriptions or databases (which you can search for names) but the digitized original sources.
Tudy wrote:
I was kind of hoping I could find a genealogist who would be willing to do the legwork for me, and what the fee might be.
You'll find a list of people doing contract research on https://www.sgffweb.ch/netzwerke-adress ... enealogen/.
Tudy wrote:
As it turns out in my genealogy research I am not only connected to Switzerland through these individuals (on my mother’s side), but also to the Stutzman’s (Erlanbach, Berne) on my Father’s side.
Ironically, we have also learned that my husband’s family (on his father’s side) originated from Oberdieshbach, Berne.
Correct spellings (over here) would be Stutzmann in Erlenbach (likely just living there, without being citizens) and Oberdiessbach (I am adding this so your thread will be found by people looking for these spellings).

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

Tudy

Post by Tudy »

Thanks again. I will look into the list of researchers you suggested after the Holidays.

We look forward to learning about our Frey connection to Switzerland and hope to visit Aawagen in June, as well as the birthplace of his wife Anna Zubler ... Hunzenschwil.
Jacob married Anna in Aarburg, so we will probably stop there as well.

My Stutzmann family were citizens of Erlenbach and lived there through several generations. They chose to be anabaptist, so left for Alsace because of persecution, and the opportunity for work on farms there.
Susan

Return to “Thurgau (TG)”