Tamagni von Sant'Antonio TI

Moderator: Wolf

tamagny

Post by tamagny »

je recherche TAMAGNI michel X ZOPPI jeanne(1805-1874) dans le tessin st antonio. et TAMAGNi charles ne le 21 novembre 1830 à st antonio et decedé en 1886. TAMAGNI charles est venu en france et c'est marié le 26 novembre 1857 à triaucourt en argonnes (55) meuse X LAFLOTTE marie anne (9-10-1826 decedée le 27-07-1889).

merci je suis sur la roche sur foron pres de geneve.

cordialement frederic tamagny

lindarhead

Post by lindarhead »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for family information on a John (Giovanni) Baptiste Tamagni who was born in Ticino on the 13 September 1878 or 1879. He emigrated to the USA in 1896/97 and lived and died in New York (1964). I have all available US records including his naturalization but would like to find out about his parents & family in Ticino. Can anyone help ?

Many thanks,
Linda
Last edited by Wolf on Sat 28. Mar 2015, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: urspr. Titel: Tamagni in Ticino

Wolf

Re: Tamagni von Sant'Antonio TI

Post by Wolf »

Most likely your ancestor's family were citizens of Sant'Antonio TI - the only pre-1944 place of citizenship for this name in Switzerland - since before 1800 ... which is why I have re-named this thread, and have combined it with an existing thread about the family.

I am not familiar with research in Ticino and recommend you contact the Ticino Civil Registry Office and ask what you should do (and would have to pay!) to get further information about your ancestor.

Once you get further information: don't forget to publish it here. The further back you can provide information, the better are your chances to get additional info on a forum like this.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz

lindarhead

Post by lindarhead »

Many thanks, Wolf, both for the reply and the link. I have just been fortunate enough to have found John's marriage record in New York and a transcription of it on the LDS site and it names his parents as James, which I'm hoping would actually be Giacomo, and Felicita. As a consequence of that I have been able to find their grave at Sant' Antonio on BillionGraves so now have their dates too which is wonderful, the headstone also has a photo of them. If I do manage to find anything else I will of course post it here.

Linda

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Wolf wrote:Once you get further information: don't forget to publish it here. The further back you can provide information, the better are your chances to get additional info on a forum like this.
:roll: So you assume Giacomo Tamagni (10 June 1849 - 19 July 1919) and Felicita Tamagni (1845 - 1925) to be the emigrant's ancestors - correct?

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz

lindarhead

Post by lindarhead »

I do , Wolf, yes. I am going to order the original marriage certificate from NYC too, and also John Tamagni's death certificate in the hope that it may confirm this. I also intend to write to Ticino via the link you provided.

Linda

selma682

Post by selma682 »

I confirm you that the parents of Giovanni Tamagni (*13 sep 1877 - + feb 1964) are Giacomo Tamagni (*10 jun 1849 - + 19 lug 1919) and Felicita Tamagni (*13 apr 1845 - + 26 nov 1925).
GiacomoTamagni Parent's: Antonio Tamagni (* 05 jun 1809 - + 18 apr 1868) and Arcangela GALLI (* 12 nov 1814 - + ?)
Felicita Tamagni parent's: Giovanni Tamagni, also called "Av Manin" (*05 sep 1815 - + 26 aug 1887) and Maria GRISETTI (* 06 oct 1818 - + 02 gen 1868).

I'm doing some research over the emigrants of Sant'Antonio [see also next contribution], it would be nice to have a look at the documents you have.

selma682

Tamagni in Belgium / Tamagni en Belgique

Post by selma682 »

I'm searching information about 2 persons of the TAMAGNI family in Belgium.
1) Edoardus TAMAGNI, married with a) Angelina Van CAENEGHEM and b) Maria Julianna Van ROSTENBERGE
For Edoardus and Angelina I found following children:
- Petrus TAMAGNI (+ 21 nov 1853 in Gent (B))
- Josephus TAMAGNI (* 1856 - + 15 set 1857 in Gent (B))
- Laurentius TAMAGNI (* 1858 - + 29 nov 1858 in Gent (B))
- unknown TAMAGNI (* 11 dic 1859 - + 12 dic 1859)
For Edoardus and Maria Julianna I found a daughter
- Coralia TAMAGNI (* 1862 - + 25 mar 1862)

2) Jean Antoine (Giovanni Antonio) TAMAGNI, married with Marie Adelaide KONIG, living in Liège. Jean Antoine was born between 1810 and 1815 and he died before 1886. His son Jean Antoine Balthasar TAMAGNI (or TAMAGNE) married 28 oct 1886 in Liège Marie Josephe Lambertine REULLER.

I suppose that Edoardus (or his father) and Jean Antoine (or his father) are originally coming from Sant'Antonio, valle Morobbia, Ticino, Switzerland, but until now I'm not able to do a connection.
If someone can help me... Thank you in advance!

Peter.D

Post by Peter.D »

Hi, did you check the films of the parish of S. Antonio (Sant'Antonio), which are available from FamilySearch? Census documents and family registers in Ticino start after 1815 and are generally available in the State Archives in Bellinzona. Unfortunately, it's extremely difficult to find a volunteer there.

Peter

selma682

Post by selma682 »

Hi Peter, Thank you for your reply.
I went trough all the families register of Sant'Antonio, Pianezzo and Giubiasco in the State Archives in Bellinzona but Eduardus and Jean Antoine are not in. I suppose that the father was the person that migrated to Belgium, but I don't know his first name....
Peter.D wrote:Did you check the films of the parish of S. Antonio?
Is it possible to have the documentation online or to buy a CD with the information? How? I personally know the woman that has the responsibility of the books in Sant'Antonio, but to go trough it takes a lot of time. It would be nice to have an electronic copy.

Have a nice day

Peter.D

Post by Peter.D »

Did you also check the census registers of 1808, 1824ff and 1837 when you visited the Archives in Bellinzona? Or, only the Ruoli di popolazione, which start much later? Sometimes, you can also find a passport.

No civil or parish records are available online or on CD for this Canton. And as you might have experienced, you are not even allowed to take pictures from the civil records.
Thus, you most probably have to work through the LDS films.

Peter

selma682

Post by selma682 »

Peter, you are right, I have to look at the 1808 census ("Napoleon Census"). Hope to find the time soon. I'll keep you informed.
No passport for the Tamagni I'm searching.
Thank you.

Return to “Tessin (TI)”