Jacobel dans le canton de Neuchâtel

Moderator: Svenja

evand

Searching for the Family Jacobel

Post by evand » Fri 2. Oct 2009, 15:59

Hello
I am searching for the family of Antonetta Jacobel of Neufchatel, Switzerland. She married a widower David Duersteler of Zurich in 1742 in 's-Hertogenbosch.(His first wife was Catharina Hoseli) David and Antonetta had a daughter Magdalena Antonetta born in 1743 's-Hertogenbosch but these documents seem to be lost. Another child, a son was born called Erhard David also born in 's-Hertogenbosch on 2 Feb 1745 and died 5 Feb 1829 and was married to Elizabeth Johanna Luyken. Both father and son served in the military. David ws a lieutenant in the Regiment of Herr General Hirzil and later the son Erhard also became a high ranking officer. I have received some information about David and Erhard already but I would be open to anything else that there may be out there.

Can anyone find information about the family of Antonetta Jacobel?

Thank you in advance.

Edith (Harder) van Dongen

Kraehe

Searching for the Family Jacobel

Post by Kraehe » Fri 2. Oct 2009, 16:44

Hallo Edith,

The family name Jacobel doesn't appear in the Swiss Family Name Book. However, you will find two documents under Jacobel at www.bhic.nl (stamboom). (See hereunder)I am not sure, but it looks as if your Antonetta Jacobel remarried with an Ulrich Friedrich Strampfer after the decease of David Duersteler. Even more interesting could be the presence of a Etienne Francois Jacobel in 's-Hertogenbosch, who's son Johan is baptized (Dutch Reformed in the Grote Kerk - Sint Jan) in 1709. Maybe this was also Antonetta's father.

Kind regards,

Bernard Krijbolder

Achternaam Voornaam Rol Plaats Datum
Jacobel Antonetta moeder 's-Hertogenbosch 27-05-1755
Kind Ulricus Strampfer
Geslacht m
Vader Ulrich Friedrich Strampfer
Moeder Antonetta Jacobel
Soort registratie doopakte
Plaats doop 's-Hertogenbosch
Datum doop 27-05-1755
Gemeente 's-Hertogenbosch
Bron Doop-, Trouw- en Begraafregisters (DTB)
Periode 1687-1810
Bevat Lutherse Gemeente doopboek 1687-1810
Toegangsnr. 8056
Inv.nr. 212

Jacobel Johan kind 's-Hertogenbosch 24-11-1709
Jacobel Etiene Francois vader 's-Hertogenbosch 24-11-1709
Kind Johan Jacobel
Geslacht m
Vader Etiene Francois Jacobel
Moeder Engelin van Brewane
Soort registratie doopakte
Plaats doop 's-Hertogenbosch
Datum doop 24-11-1709
Gemeente 's-Hertogenbosch
Bron Doop-, Trouw- en Begraafregisters (DTB)
Periode 1687-1734
Bevat Dopen Grote Kerk 1687-1734
Toegangsnr. 8056
Inv.nr. 72

evand

Post by evand » Sat 3. Oct 2009, 22:09

Hello Bernard
Thanks for this information.

I have been unable to find any dates for David Dursteler except that he was married to Antonetta Jacobel in 1743 or 45. This makes me apprehensive to jump to conclusions about the possible second marriage of Antonetta to Ulrich Strampfer. I just have to keep digging.

Is it still possible that Antonetta came from Neufchatel and that she had family there? I think I'm grasping at straws.

Regards
Edith

alleluia2

Post by alleluia2 » Sat 3. Oct 2009, 23:10

La famille Jacobel était bourgeoise de Peseux et de Neuchâtel dès le XVme siècle, éteinte au début du XIXe.
Il est cité Antoine Jacobel mousquetaire en 1722.

Voir le DHBS pour d'autre Jacobel.

Pierre Huguenin-Dumittan

evand

Post by evand » Sat 3. Oct 2009, 23:35

Dear Pierre

Thanks for your response. Would you mind telling me what HBLS refers to. I'm new to this forum.

Regards
Edith

alleluia2

Post by alleluia2 » Sun 4. Oct 2009, 11:07

Le DHBS est un ouvrage de plusieurs volumes (dictionnaire historique et biographique de la Suisse).

Je ne sais pas si vous êtes intéressé par les armoiries de la famille Jacobel ?

Pierre Huguenin-Dumittan

evand

Post by evand » Thu 8. Oct 2009, 17:12

Hello
I have heard from the Archives of Neuchatel about the Jacobel family. They were a middle class family in Peseux, a village near Neuchatel, Switzerland (extinguished nowadays). Some members of the family were officers in the French army during the 18th century and took part in military campaigns in the Netherlands. Since the archives did not send me any names or dates, I was hoping that someone in the Forum would be able to find this information for me.

Antonette jacobel married David Dursteler 1743-1745 in 's-Hertogenbosch, NL. We know that she was born in Neuchatel and must have been the daughter of an officer in the Regiment there. I would like the names, birthdates & deathdates of her family members as far back as possible.

Thank you
Regards
Edith

alleluia2

Post by alleluia2 » Sat 10. Oct 2009, 22:07

Biographie des JACOBEL

voir le fichier annexé.

Jacobel
Famille de Peseux, bourgeoise de Neuchâtel dès le XV e siècle, éteinte au début du XIXe 1.

Armes : de gueules à une fleur de lis d'argent soutenue d'un c½ur du même, au chef aussi d'argent chargé de deux étoiles du champ (Fig.54) 2.

Supports : deux lions 3.

Ces armes, employées pendant tout le XVIIIe siècle, sont dérivées de celles qui donne R.B.I : d'azur à deux triangles d'argent en pal, soutenus d'un c½ur d'or et accompagnés de deux fleur de lis et de deux étoiles du même (Fig.55) 4. 1 Biogr. Neuch. - Q.L.T. - D.H.B.S. 2 Jean-Antoine Jacobel, mousquetaire, 1722. - Voir aussi A.M. II. 3 Divers cachets XVIIIe siècle (coll. L. J.). - Sur le cachet T. no 137, le chef manque. 4 Même écu dans R.B. II et A.M. I.

evand

Post by evand » Sat 10. Oct 2009, 22:49

Hello
Thank you very much.

Edith

Return to “Neuenburg - Neuchâtel (NE)”