Fischer im Kanton Graubünden

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
Theodore Simon

Fischer im Kanton Graubünden

Beitrag von Theodore Simon » Mo 22. Feb 2021, 17:04

Hallo, ich mache eine Genealogie eines Freundes von mir. Er ist ein Nachkomme von Constantin Fischer, geboren 1792 in Graubünden. Er hatte zwei Brüder, Albert Fischer, geboren 1796 und Paul Fischer.
- Constantin Fischer, ein Suissus, der neben den Briten gegen Napoleon kämpfte und in Teresópolis in Teresópolis eine starke Farm gründete.
Leute, ich muss einige Informationen über Taufe / Geburt, Ehe, Namen seiner Eltern wissen. Bitte, ich komme aus Brasilien und weiß es nicht. Ich habe keine Informationen darüber, wie ich diese Informationen finden kann. Bitte danke für Ihre Aufmerksamkeit.

Bookey

Re: Fischer im Kanton Graubünden

Beitrag von Bookey » Di 23. Feb 2021, 09:57

Hello Theodore, do you have any more information at all about where they came from? I only see one place where the Fischer line had citizenship in Graubünden prior to 1800 and that is the kanton capital, Chur. Records are not readily available from there accept in Chur. They were not filmed by the mormon church and are not available online. There are other records for some of the other villages where the family was a little later. Any other information would be helpful.

Bookey

Theodore Simon

Beitrag von Theodore Simon » Di 23. Feb 2021, 16:01

I was told that Switzerland had removed all his documents, something like that, because he was like a traitor to his country.
Significantly, he came from this city that you lost while giving me some information that I have.
This photo below is a Swiss right, the only one that was found. But Friburgo speaks because the biggest Swiss who went to Brazil flocked to Friborg and then moved to Holland in search of one of the ships that would take them to Rio de Janeiro.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

griffy

Beitrag von griffy » Di 23. Feb 2021, 16:05

There's an article by an Anthony Fischer D'Andrea : Os Fischer e Outros Pioneiros de Teresópolis, freely available on the internet.

According to this paper, Constantin and Albert Fischer served in the Watteville regiment.

Constantin and his other brother Paul Fischer are mentioned in an article on the Watteville regiment:
ANNEXE
Etat des offlciers du regiment de Watteville en avril 1814

Constantin_Paul_Fischer.png

H. de Schaller, Le régiment de Wattewille au service de l'Angleterre, Revue historique vaudoise, 1894, p. 369f.
They both had the rank of « enseigne » or ensign in English:
Ensigns were generally the lowest ranking commissioned officer.
A Paul Fischer died in Lausanne in 1834. If this is the one, then he was very young when he enrolled.
Paul_Fischer_1834.png

Feuille d'Avis de Lausanne, 21. octobre 1834, p. 6
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Theodore Simon

Beitrag von Theodore Simon » Di 23. Feb 2021, 18:09

Constantin and Albert Fischer were born in the canton of Graubünden (Grisons) in southeastern Switzerland, respectively in 1792 and little is known about their childhood, but military records document their wanderings while still young. They serve in the famous Watteville Regiment, a Swiss mercenary group serving the English army. With Brother Paul, the three enlist in January 1814, already as junior commissioned officers (standard, equivalent to second lieutenant).

This part is very interesting, but I really wanted to find a birth certificate that says the name of your parents. I wanted to find your ancestors, your history, I really don't know anything ... Any information to find the baptism or birth I will be grateful. Thanks.

griffy

Beitrag von griffy » Di 23. Feb 2021, 18:34

Well, sorry for trying to help. We're not stupid, we know very well what you want, but as Bookey wrote:
Bookey hat geschrieben: Di 23. Feb 2021, 09:57Records are not readily available from there except in Chur. They were not filmed by the mormon church and are not available online.
The death notice of the brother Paul in Lausanne at least gives us 3 pieces of information:
  1. It confirms that this particular Fischer family comes from Chur/Coire;
  2. We have the full name of Paul;
  3. We have his age, and therefore his approximate birth year.
Armed with this information, you can now contact the archives in Chur and ask for help in identifying the parents' names from the church records and whatever is on file there.

Genealogy is often about context. Sometimes it's necessary to look for circumstantial evidence before zooming in on the wanted information.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Graubünden (GR)“