Adank von Fläsch GR

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
marley

Adank von Fläsch GR

Beitrag von marley » Di 3. Jun 2014, 23:32

I am looking for information on Abraham Adank (Adanque'ow) who lived in Glarus. He was there sometime between 1868-1878, and his approximate age was 40-50. His wife was Paulina; his children were Alexander Rudolph, Pauline and John.

I am also looking for John (possibly Johann) Luchsinger from Luchsingen. He was born in 1858. His wife was Pauline Adank.

I am also looking for information re Alexander Rudolph Adank who was in school in Glarus circa 1868.
Zuletzt geändert von Wolf am Mo 2. Feb 2015, 19:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: urspr. Titel: Adank im Kanton Glarus

Wolf

Re: Adank im Kanton Glarus (Linie A)

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 4. Jun 2014, 14:44

Adank is not a Glarus family name - since before 1800 they were citizens of
- Fläsch and Luzein (Grisons) as well as
- Wartau (St.Gallen).
This does not exclude the possibiliy, however, that Adank families lived in canton Glarus.
Potentially an old Glarus family Adank could also have been become extinct before 1962 (when the Register of Swiss Surnames was compiled).

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

vonarezen

Re: Adank im Kanton Glarus (Linie A)

Beitrag von vonarezen » Mi 2. Jul 2014, 12:31

At the Landesarchiv des Kantons Glarus Glarus you can find a big registry: http://www.gl.ch/xml_1/internet/de/appl ... /f1734.cfm

They will know, if there were births or weddings of an Adank family member living at this time in Glarus.

Here are the contact informations (in German) for your request:
http://www.gl.ch/xml_1/internet/de/appl ... 7/f109.cfm

Mitglied der Rätischen Vereinigung für Familienforschung RVFF

Wolf

Re: Adank von Fläsch GR (Linie A)

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 2. Feb 2015, 18:58

wildpat hat geschrieben:According to Kubly-Müller, Abraham Adank (ca. 1825-ca. 1865) was from Fläsch (Graubünden) and married to Paulina Przosuzowska (6.1830-ca. 1908) from Russia. They had 3 children: Alexander Rudolph, Pauline and Johann P.

Pauline Adank (28.11.1856-9.12.1951) married on March 2, 1878 Johannes Luchsinger (20.8.1858-4.8.1900) from Mühlehorn (Glarus). The family emigrated to the USA shortly after the marriage in 1878.

Check here for the pedigree chart for Johannes Luchsinger and the descendants from Johannes and Pauline.

Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/

Mutz

Beitrag von Mutz » Mo 9. Feb 2015, 16:22

Salü

Nochchmals betreffend Anfrage über Abraham Adank:

Nach meinen Angaben, die vor allem auf den Eintragungen des Kirchenbuches Fläsch beruhen, ist die Stammfolge von Abraham Adank folgermassen:

Grosseltern in Fläsch: Lehrer Leonhard Adank oo Anna Margreth Hartmann

Eltern in Fläsch: Landwirt Johann Adank (1789-1857), der mit seiner 1. Gattin Magdalena Adank (1777-1839) folgende Kinder hatte:

Leonhard Adank (1811-1874),
Anna Margreth Adank (1816-1855)
Abraham Adank (*1819-1864); 1833 nach Russland
Magdalena Adank (1822-1822)

Obiger Abraham Adank (1819-1864), verh. mit Pauline Brzazowska hatte folgende Kinder:

Alexander Adank (*1843), Anna Margreth Adank (*1849), Franz Adank (1853-1853?), Magdalena Adank (1854-1858), Paulina Adank (1856-1951??), Johann Peter Adank (*1859).

Beste Grüsse Mutz

Deni

Adank in Malans GR (Linie B)

Beitrag von Deni » Fr 24. Mär 2017, 00:00

Originally published under Sprecher von Tschiertschen.
==================================================

Hello - I am writing from New Zealand and am interested in the information shared in this post. I do hope that someone will still be following it. Johannes Florian Adank came to New Zealand from Australia in 1864. In New Zealand he was known as 'Florian Adank". His marriage and death certificates say his mother was Johanna Sprecher. His naturalisation certificate for NZ says he came from Malans. The marriage certificate is hard to read in relation to 'where born' - but it seems like Coire or Corie. I have taken a 'snip' and attached. His death certificate in 1907 - says something like 'Berneg'; this information would have been provided by his wife. [Hmm - turns out I can't attach these photos - not sure how to navigate the 'insert IMG URL" window that pops up.]

I have had a look around the internet and see that Chur is known as Coire in French - and had a look at the map and see that Tschiertschen - the town to which you locate your Sprecher family is actually quite close. Maybe I am on the wrong track - hoping someone can help.

Regards
Deni

Bookey

Re: Adank in Malans GR (Linie B)

Beitrag von Bookey » Fr 24. Mär 2017, 06:25

Hello Deni, there is a Johann Florian Adank born in Malans, Graubunden, Switzerland on 27 Nov 1829, His parents are Abraham Adank and Johanna Justina Sprecher. I am sending you a picture of the birth record. It looks like Wolf knows where to find records. If I can be of any further help let me know.

Bookey
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Fr 24. Mär 2017, 13:13

Welcome to the forum, Deni :D!

Sprecher is a fairly widespread surname in Graubünden (Grisons), and consequentlyl we cannot without further proof assume your Sprecher are related to the Tschiertschen line. As we only discuss single families (defined by surname an place of citizenship) in any single topic (whenever possible), I have separeted your posting into a new thread. Furthermore, as your posting and Bookey's response deal mainly with Adank, I have renamed the topic to Adank in Malans (where your ancestors seems to be born). So - let's sort this out first - and then start a new topic on his mother (related topics can be linked to each other).

One of the godparents in the baptismal entry posted by Bookey is Florian Sprecher von Chur - likely a close relative of the mother, so there is a good chance that the mother was also from Chur, where Sprecher held citizenship since 1767 ... but further details should be discussed in a separate topic.

Re attachments: I had sent you a PM (personal message) with some advice. I am looking forward to seeing your douments, which will hopefully help to answer your questions.

Deni

Beitrag von Deni » Mi 29. Mär 2017, 10:34

Thank you so much for your advice and the information. Its quite exciting to be receiving messages and emails from Switzerland when u live at the bottom of the globe

I sent an email to the Graubunden Archives - and was so very excited to receive a response today - and attached was his baptism record and his sisters and an 1835 census record I am going to try to post it for you all to have a look at - and also the snip I took of the marriage records so u may be able to advise me where you think the place of birth may be.

There seems to be quite a lot of info on the records I got today - but alas my lack of comprehension of the language and the 'old' writing style makes it near impossible for me to decipher, even with the use of a google translator app. Maybe someone can understand it and help me here. I did study German for two years at high school - looks like I might be needing to do a refresher course soon.
Seems I can only add three at a time - I will do the other two in a second post
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Deni

Beitrag von Deni » Mi 29. Mär 2017, 10:36

I have taken snip shots of the files as my PDF files seem all to be too big and are rejected - hope u can read them OK

Wolf

Summary in Englisch: Adank (Linie B), citizens of Fläsch, living in Malans

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 29. Mär 2017, 12:33

The census record clearly indicates that the place of citizenship of your Adank line was Fläsch - correspondingly I have merged these posts with the existing topic on this family. That does not imply that there is a close relationship between the two family lines - but we try to combine all disussions on a family (defined by name and place of citizenship) in a single topic; in this way other forum members interested in this family will be kept informed.

The mail from the State Archive includes a transcription of the 1835 census record from Malans, relating to the (reformed) Adank family of Fläsch:
- Jakob, age 56 > born ca 1779 [relation ?]
- Barbara, age 74 > born ca 1761 [relation ?]
- Abraham, age 30 > born ca 1805
- Johanna Cristina, age 34 > born ca 1801 [nee Sprecher]
- Katharina Barbara, age 8 > born ca 1827
- Johanna, age 6.5 > born ca 1828/29 [see baptismal record 01 Oct 1828]
- Johann Florian, age 5 > born ca 1830 [see baptismal record 27 Nov 1829]
- Elisa, age 4 > born ca 1831
- Abraham, age 1 > born ca 1834
Considering the age, Jakob (age 56) could be Abraham's father, and Barbara his grandmother - but in the documents available here there is NO evidence for this.

Unfortunately the marriage of Abraham Adank and Johanna Cristina Sprecher was not found in Malans nor Fläsch.

Wedding entry (of Florian Adank? ... has been cut off): I also read Coire as place of birth - which would be the French name for Chur, the capital of the Grisons. The baptismal record (27 Nov 1829) does not include any indication that Johann Florian was not born in Malans - so whatever documentation was shown for the marriage abroad, the capital city may have been assumed erroneously to be the place of birth.

Deni

Re: Adank von Fläsch GR (Linie B)

Beitrag von Deni » Do 30. Mär 2017, 17:35

Thanks -

Would Chur have a separate archive holding ?? - for the wedding of Johanna and Abraham I am thinking.

Also - to me these places seem so close when I look at the goggle map - of course the highways etc would not have been around when Florian was a child - but it could be logical if the witness to the baptism was Florian von Sprecher then perhaps they got married in a church in Chur (Corie) closer to the brides family. -- And, perhaps those records are not held in Malans or in Flasch --- Can u explain your statement that Chur is in Grisons - is this a different Canton ??? - or different local/regional body to that of Malans perhaps ?? (My apologies if my questions seem quite ignorant - it is because, essentially, I am - of the history, geography and political governance structures for Switzerland in any case. I am very keen to learn however.)

In terms of the place of birth recorded on the marriage certificate - it could simply be that he was in fact born in Corie - but Baptised in Malans (they are fairly close). It is a bit odd - because there is a range of different places cited across a number of different records in New Zealand regarding his place of origin - but I think the most reliable would be his marriage certificate as in this one - HE was the informant - HE was the one who filled it in - HE would be the most reliable informant - rather than the informant for his death record.

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Do 30. Mär 2017, 21:06

Grisons is the English name of canton (= state) Graubünden.
Chur (French: Coire) is the capital city - and Malans another community in Grisons.

The Graubünden State Archive is in Chur - and will hold all "old" church records, or at least have copies.

I read Florian Sprecher as witness - not "von" Sprecher. Sprecher are quite widespread in Graubünden: 12 different places of citizenships since before 1800 - and, if I'm not mistaken, only part of the Davos line were "von Sprecher" (extinct today).

Florian was baptised in Malans; as newborn babies were usually baptised within very few days (catholic often same day, reformed often a bit later), they were usually baptised where born - but there will always exceptions - so I will not exclude a birth somewhere else. Problem: how to find out? At the time (1829) baptisms were recorded, not births: there might be records in Graubünden, however, I'm not aware of - you best enquire at the State Archive - or the regional Genealogical Society. Don't forget to post here any further information you get from them :).

Bookey

Beitrag von Bookey » Do 30. Mär 2017, 21:22

I have records for Fläsch, however, they don't start until about 1830. If there are earlier records available from there the LDS church didn't film them. I have records available for most of the other records in the area around Malans from much earlier dates. If there are specific people that you would like births or baptisms for I would be glad to look at them.

Bookey

Deni

Beitrag von Deni » Di 11. Apr 2017, 02:38

Hi - thanks for that offer - here is the 1835 census - maybe for any of these names???
If we can find links with other families that would be great.
Adank email from Switss state archives page 1.pdf

urszulakubiak

Beitrag von urszulakubiak » Sa 23. Sep 2017, 21:47

Hallo. Mein Name ist Urszula Kubiak, ich wohne in Polen. Francis Adank (Adnque) Konditorin. Er war der Großvater meines Großvaters. Francis ist eine Familie mit Abraham Adank, Paulina Adank, Rudolf Adank. Meine Cousine ist Marley Brant. Francis Frau war Eleanor Sheen, sie hatten eine Tochter mit drei Namen Eliza Bert Eleonora.
Wir grüßen aus Polen, Ula

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Sa 23. Sep 2017, 23:00

Hallo Ula,

willkommen im Forum :).

Ist Francis Adank (Adnque) verwandt mit dem oben erwähnten Abraham Adank (Adanque'ow)? Was ist der Zusammenhang?

Schliesslich noch eine Bitte: keine Angaben zu lebenden Personen hier im Forum.

Ich wünsche Spass am und Erfolg mit dem Forum - Wolf

urszulakubiak

Beitrag von urszulakubiak » So 24. Sep 2017, 12:22

Hallo.
Paulina Adank bekam Informationen, einen Nachruf über den Tod ihrer Enkelin Eliza Berty Adank mit ihrem Mann Rapacka. Marley Brant hat mehr Informationen. Ich habe einen Nachruf von Franziskus. Ich kann mit Eleonora keinen Akt der Ehe finden. Francis war ein reformierter Protestant, dessen Name in der Volkszählung aufgeführt wurde. Leider gibt es seit 1884 keine dokumente. Ich verliere keine Hoffnung und ich freue mich.

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 11. Okt 2017, 22:24

Hello Ula,

we have been in direct contact in the meantime, and you have sent me images and documents.

The above discussions mention too many names with too few dates and no clear description of the relations. I have tried to compress the information from Mutz, marley, urszulakubiak and wildpat into the following table:
Forum-GR-Adank-Flaesch-Vergleich.jpg
Does this agree with your knowledge?

If correct, the story would be:
Abraham Adank (1819-1864) moved to Russia in 1833, this is where he likely met Pauline Brzazowska and married her.
The couple moved back to Switzerland (canton Glarus), where the children were born (which was reported to Fläsch).
Daughter Pauline married and emigrated to the USA.
Son Franz moved to Poland: when and where did he meet his British born wife Eleanor Sheen/Scheen?

Unfortunately I have not seen any proof yet, that Franz Adank (1853-1853?) and Francis Adank (oo Eleanor Scheen) are the same person. However, there is a coincidence of names. I also interpret that "Franz Adank (1853-1853?)" implies there is no death entry in Fläsch - Mutz thought this to be an indication of dying very young ... but could also be an indication for emigration.

It would be nice to either find (in Switzerland) documentation that Franz Adank actually emigrated - or (in Poland) that he was of Swiss origin (better localisation would be even better).

wildpat
Supporter 2020

Re: Adank von Fläsch GR

Beitrag von wildpat » So 15. Okt 2017, 15:13

According to my information, Franz Adank was born in Niepolomice, Poland, like his sisters Magdalena and Pauline.
Best regards
Patrick

Special Website about Glarus Families
www.glarusfamilytree.com

urszulakubiak

Beitrag von urszulakubiak » So 15. Okt 2017, 21:34

Proszę, powiedz gdzie jest akt urodzenia Franciszka Adank ??

Bitte sagen Sie mir, wo ist die Geburtsurkunde von Francis Adank ??
Zuletzt geändert von Nico am Mo 23. Okt 2017, 21:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Übersetzung hinzugefügt

urszulakubiak

Beitrag von urszulakubiak » Mo 23. Okt 2017, 20:07

Wolf hat geschrieben: Mi 11. Okt 2017, 22:24 Hello Ula,

we have been in direct contact in the meantime, and you have sent me images and documents.

The above discussions mention too many names with too few dates and no clear description of the relations. I have tried to compress the information from Mutz, marley, urszulakubiak and wildpat into the following table:Forum-GR-Adank-Flaesch-Vergleich.jpg
Does this agree with your knowledge?

Abraham Adank (1819-1864) moved to Russia in 1833, this is where he likely met Pauline Brzazowska and married her.
The couple moved back to Switzerland (canton Glarus), where the children were born (which was reported to Fläsch).
Daughter Pauline married and emigrated to the USA.
Son Franz moved to Poland: when and where did he meet his British born wife Eleanor Sheen/Scheen?

Unfortunately I have not seen any proof yet, that Franz Adank (1853-1853?) and Francis Adank (oo Eleanor Scheen) are the same person. However, there is a coincidence of names. I also interpret that "Franz Adank (1853-1853?)" implies there is no death entry in Fläsch - Mutz thought this to be an indication of dying very young ... but could also be an indication for emigration.

It would be nice to either find (in Switzerland) documentation that Franz Adank actually emigrated - or (in Poland) that he was of Swiss origin (better localisation would be even better).
Wolf,jedynym dowodem na tę chwilę jest fotografia Berty, która jest w posiadaniu Marley. W parafii ewangelicko-reformowanej w Warszawie nie zachowały się żadne księgi z lat 1879-1884. Spłonęły. Liczę jedynie na przypadek....

Wolf, der einzige Beweis für diesen Moment ist das Foto von Berty, das Marley gehört. Keine Bücher von 1879-1884 haben in der evangelisch-reformierten Pfarrei in Warschau überlebt. Sie brannten. Ich zähle nur auf den Fall ....
Zuletzt geändert von Nico am Mo 23. Okt 2017, 21:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

urszulakubiak

Beitrag von urszulakubiak » Di 18. Sep 2018, 21:56

Hallo, Wolf.
Ich suche ständig nach einer Verbindung zwischen Leuten namens Adank. Sie haben bezweifelt, dass mein Franciszek Adanque (Adank) nicht dieser Francis (1853) ist, aber ich sage, dass die erwähnte Familie Adank meine Familie Franciszek Adank ist.
Die nächste Information, die ich bekam, war die Ankunft von Rudolf Adank in Warschau. Am 27.03. / 08.04.1875 kommt Rudolf Adank-Cukiernik von Lublin nach Warschau. Im Oktober 1875 eröffnet Franciszek eine Süßwaren- und Eiscremefabrik. Es ist eine Firma. Die Notiz enthält Informationen, die die Besitzer erfahren haben. Ich wage zu sagen, dass Rudolf der Partner von Franciszek ist. Zu viele Ähnlichkeiten, dass es keine Familie wäre.
Vielleicht hilft DNA-Test?

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 18. Sep 2018, 22:14

urszulakubiak hat geschrieben: Di 18. Sep 2018, 21:56Sie haben bezweifelt, dass mein Franciszek Adanque (Adank) [nicht ] dieser Francis (1853) ist, ...
Ich möchte klarstellen: ich "bezweifle" das nicht - ich habe lediglich geschrieben, dass ich in den mir vorliegenden Unterlagen keinen "Beweis" für die Identität finde ... das ist ein wesentlicher Unterschied.

urszulakubiak

Beitrag von urszulakubiak » Mi 19. Sep 2018, 11:49

I to jest największy problem .... szukam dalej.
Z pozdrowieniami ...

Das ist das größte Problem .... Ich suche weiter.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen ...
Zuletzt geändert von Nico am Mi 19. Sep 2018, 21:02, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

urszulakubiak

Beitrag von urszulakubiak » Do 4. Okt 2018, 20:33

Hallo, Wolf.
Bei der Suche nach Franciszek Adank (Adanque) fand ich die Hochzeit von Jakub Adank, dem Sohn von Jakub Adank und Ursyna geb. Mouli, geboren in Chur, Kanton Graubünden, mit Józefa Zofia Lipska. Jakub machte Aussagen über seine Geburt und Herkunft, unterzeichnet von zwei Zeugen aus der Schweiz, Leonard Fopp und Sylwester Reidl, sie alle waren Konditoren und gehörten zu den reformierten evangelischen Konfessionen. Jakub Adank 03/15. 01. 1864, er sagte, er sei 23 Jahre alt. Vielleicht wird einer der Suchenden diese Person in seinen Baum passen ....
Der Name von Jakubs Mutter ist wahrscheinlich phonetisch geschrieben ....

Bochtella

Beitrag von Bochtella » Sa 12. Dez 2020, 10:58

Grüezi Lesende,

Dolf Kaiser, Fast ein Volk von Zuckerbäckern? : Bündner Konditoren, Cafetiers und Hoteliers in europäischen Landen bis zum Ersten Weltkrieg : Ein wirtschaftsgeschichtlicher Beitrag, Stand 02.06.2009, Seite 199.
Abraham Adank, * um 1820, in Warschau /Warszawa (Polen).
Digitalisat auf einer Webseite des Kulturarchivs Oberengadin.

Dieser Abraham Adank in Warschau könnte identisch sein mit dem Gleichnamigen in den Beiträgen vom:

03.06.2014 :
Abraham Adank (Adanque'ow) who lived in Glarus. He was there sometime between 1868-1878, and his approximate age was 40-50. His wife was Paulina; his children were Alexander Rudolph, Pauline and John.
Übersetzt mit translator.eu:
Abraham Adank (Adanque'ow), der in Glarus lebte. Er war dort irgendwann zwischen 1868-1878, und sein ungefähres Alter war 40-50. Seine Frau war Paulina; seine Kinder waren Alexander Rudolph, Pauline und John.

02.02.2015 :
According to Kubly-Müller, Abraham Adank (ca. 1825-ca. 1865) was from Fläsch (Graubünden) and married to Paulina Przosuzowska (6.1830-ca. 1908) from Russia. They had 3 children: Alexander Rudolph, Pauline and Johann P.
Laut Kubly-Müller stammte Abraham Adank (ca. 1825-ca. 1865) aus Fläsch (Graubünden) und war mit Paulina Przosuzowska (6.1830-ca. 1908) aus Russland verheiratet. Sie hatten drei Kinder: Alexander Rudolph, Pauline und Johann P.

09.02.2015 :
Abraham Adank (*1819-1864); 1833 nach Russland, verh. mit Pauline Brzazowska hatte folgende Kinder:
Alexander Adank (*1843), Anna Margreth Adank (*1849), Franz Adank (1853-1853?), Magdalena Adank (1854-1858), Paulina Adank (1856-1951??), Johann Peter Adank (*1859).

11.10.2017 :
Wenn richtig, wäre die Geschichte:
Abraham Adank (1819-1864) zog 1833 nach Russland, wo er wahrscheinlich Pauline Brzazowska kennenlernte und sie heiratete.
Das Paar zog zurück in die Schweiz (Kanton Glarus), wo die Kinder geboren wurden (dies wurde Fläsch berichtet).

Bochtella

Greybouche64

Beitrag von Greybouche64 » So 14. Feb 2021, 18:00

These earlier posts relating to Florian Adank who emigrated to Nz are of great interest to me. am a 56 year old NZer currently living in Geneva Switzerland and searching for family tree information about my Adank and related family ancestors here in Switzerland. my great grandfather was Florian Adank born in Malans in 1829 to Abraham Adank and Johanna Justina Sprecher (and thanks for the info posted confirming these details in response to earlier queries). Florian emigrated to NZ via Australia in the 1860s. While Florian did not keep in contact with his family back in Switzerland, my father, William John Adank located in the later 1940s following Enquiries through the Swiss consulate a nephew and grand niece of Florian, Anton Ulrich Adank married to Anna Baumann and his daughter Johanna living in Luzern. My father died in 1976 and Johanna, who never married, around 1978 and at that point we lost contact with any surviving relatives in Switzerland. Johanna sent the family a copy of the family tree which shows links to the Jaques family of Saint Croix via the marriage of Florian’s sister Johanna to Carl-Gustave Jaques and their daughter Jeanne Jaques married a quite well known Churchman/pastor, I think around Neuchatel, Ernest-Adolphe Krieg, who died in 1942. I see mention through internet searches of a son Pierre Krieg, also a churchman, who died in 1967 and a daughter Alice Krieg, a teacher in 1944. I would be very interested in knowing more about any Adanks, Kriegs, Jaques etc linked to The Abraham/Johanna Justina line of Florian, or even earlier ancestors from the Adank line, but I guess their info would be located in the other cantons. Finally just to note that it seems my Abraham Adank ancestor is a different one from the Abraham who married Paulina as detailed in earlier posts, but they may have been around the same age. Best Regards John Adank

Antworten

Zurück zu „Graubünden (GR)“