Schrepfer von Obstalden GL

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
lori

Schrepfer von Obstalden GL

Beitrag von lori » Di 25. Mai 2010, 09:47

Ich bin wieder einmal auf der Suche nach einem Herrn Johann Theodor Schrepfer.
Geboren ca.1800 in Obstalden GL. Verheiratet mit Maria Baumgartner.
Leider finde ich in Obstalden keine Daten. Kann mir jemand weiter helfen?

Wolf

Schrepfer von Glarus (Kanton?)

Beitrag von Wolf » Sa 27. Apr 2019, 22:06

Schrepfer Babetta was born 16 Aug 1889 (baptised 29 Sep) in Flawil SG as daughter of Johann Konrad Schrepfer, farmer, of Glarus, and Babetta Frischknecht; the family lived in Eisenhammer (Isenhammer). Godparents were Johann Schrepfer, smith in Herisau AR, and Catharina Schrepfer-Müller in Flawil SG.

The baptismal entry states "Glarus" as place of citizenship. According to Familiennamenbuch Mühlehorn GL and Obstalden GL are pre-1800 places of citizenship for Schrepfer ... so most likely "Glarus" in this case means the canton, and the family held citizenship in either Mühlehorn or Obstalden.

------------------------------
Babetta Schrepfer wurde am 16.08.1889 in Flawil geboren als Tochter von Johann Konrad Schrepfer "von Glarus" und Babette Frischknecht. Gesucht sind Angaben zu den Eltern von Babetta Schrepfer und weiteren Vorfahrengenerationen.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

wildpat
Supporter 2020

Re: Schrepfer von Obstalden GL

Beitrag von wildpat » Mi 1. Mai 2019, 11:22

Babetta's ancestors originated from Obstalden, Canton Glarus. Her great-grandfather Kaspar Schrepfer emigrated about 1840 to Herisau, Canton Appenzell Ausserrhoden and his son Kaspar settled later in Flawil, Canton St. Gallen. Her great-grandfather came to a sad end. He hanged himself at the age of 55 in Herisau.

Attached you will find the pedigree of Babetta Schräpfer who married a man called Brühlmann, showing 10 generations of her ancestors. Do you have further details about the Brühlmann family?

------------------------------
Nachtrag: Inzwischen wurden die im pdf aufgeführten, neu erfasten Daten auch in den Geneal-Tree hochgeladen.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Special Website about Glarus Families
www.glarusfamilytree.com

rachel800

Beitrag von rachel800 » Do 2. Mai 2019, 17:49

Thank you so much for finding this!! My Omi was thrilled to see how far back she can trace her grandfather’s family now.
I do have a little information on the Brühlmann family. I primary work off of Ancestry but I can create a PDF version for you within a couple days.
Rachel

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Do 2. Mai 2019, 18:23

rachel800 hat geschrieben: Do 2. Mai 2019, 17:49I primary work off of Ancestry but I can create a PDF version for you within a couple days.
The problem with data on ancestry is that only paying members seem to be able to view your data :evil:. What next?

Short term: do you have any vital data on Babetta Schrepfer's husband Brühlmann? Given name(s) and date of birth would be a start - place of birth even better - or best, info on his parents? This would likely be sufficient info to start a new topic on your Brühlmann line.

Medium term: a pdf with all info you have on this line would be useful - could then be attached to the Brühlmann topic (to be started). In the case of married couples (like Brühlmann and Schrepfer) their topics can be linked to each other.

Long term: if you are interested in sharing your information it is (at least in my opinion) not a good idea to rely on a commercial site, where interested people have to pay to be able to see your information. I hope, ancestry allows a Gedcom export - so you could upload your data to a free Gedcom database like Geneal-Tree ... free for you and free for the interested public. BTW - Patrick has contributed a huge amount of data on Glarus families to this database. Whilst he had to do some extra search to connect Babetta to ancestors a few generations back, you'll find many of your earlier ancestors on Geneal-Tree with their siblings.

Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/

wildpat
Supporter 2020

Beitrag von wildpat » Do 2. Mai 2019, 19:52

Hi Rachel
What is your username on Ancestry? I have Delux member and should get access.
I can try to get more information about the Brühlmann husband. I should be able to get his vital data plus his parents and from were he was.
Best regards
Patrick

www.glarusfamilytree.com

rachel800

Beitrag von rachel800 » Do 2. Mai 2019, 21:02

Patrick,
My username on Ancestry is rachel800 and my tree is public. Babetta Schrepfer’s husband was Paul Albert Brullmann 1891-1948. His parents were Konrad Brullmann b. 1852 and Margrete Wellauer b. 1856. His paternal grandparents were Johannes Brullmann and Maria Rutishauser, who I haven’t found any vital information on. His maternal grandparents were Johann Heinrich Wellauer b. 1829 and A. Margareta Brullmann b. 1827. All these people were either from Amriswil or Huttlingen, Thurgau. I have been able to trace the Wellauer line back a few generations.
Rachel

wildpat
Supporter 2020

Beitrag von wildpat » Do 2. Mai 2019, 21:13

Dear Rachel
You did an impressive job in finding all your Swiss ancestors. Hope I was helpful. Wolf did also a great job, as always!
You might be interested to visit my website about Glarus and its families:
www.glarusfamilytree.com
Best regards
Patrick

www.glarusfamilytree.com

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Do 2. Mai 2019, 21:20

rachel800 hat geschrieben: Do 2. Mai 2019, 21:02My username on Ancestry is rachel800 and my tree is public.
Hello Rachel,

how do I access your tree?

When I go to the ancestry start page, I am being told several options to spend my money - I don't find a possibility to make use of your username.

On your rootsweb message board profile I find a link "My Family Tree" - which gets me to a page asking whether I want to pay monthly or for 6 months. OK - a "free trial" is also mentioned - just gets in a loop - and I don't trust "free trials": tried it with ancestry years ago - and was asked for my credit card details ... for a "free trial"? I'm not that dumb.

rachel800

Beitrag von rachel800 » Do 2. Mai 2019, 23:53

Wolf,
You can only see other trees if you have a membership. I don't have one and have found an inconvenient workaround is looking up individual people in the search feature and then narrowing the results by family trees. The results will give you a small preview section that includes some vital information.
Rachel

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Fr 3. Mai 2019, 11:50

Maternal lines should be discussed in their own threads - like
Frischknecht von Schwellbrunn AR for the mother, Babetta Frischknecht;
Mettler von Urnäsch AR for the grandmother, Anna Katharina Mettler.

Check also Brüllmann von Amrishofen oder Hefenhofen for Babetta's husband Paul Albert Brüllmann.

Babetta's known ancestors have also been uploaded to Geneal-Tree ... have a look yourself.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Glarus (GL)“