Wunderli / Wunderlin in Basel BS

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
JeanTW

Wunderli / Wunderlin in Basel BS

Beitrag von JeanTW » Di 16. Jan 2018, 20:04

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and am in search of information on my Swiss Grandmother's family named "Wunderlin".

My grandmothers' name is: Frieda Wunderlin, Born: 26 February, 1888 in Bale, Switzerland

She Married: Charles (Herman Frank) Theiler, Born: 18 February, 1888 in Rorschach, Switzerland
Children:
Daughter: Clarissa Theiler, Born: 10 June, 1923 in Bale, Switzerland
Son: Charles Guido Theiler, Born: 14 March, 1924 in Brooklyn, New York

Parents are unknown

There were many siblings, but only know the names: Julius (Uli) Wunderlin, Fridolin Wunderlin married to Rosa Siegrist, and Rosa Wunderlin (who died young)

Frieda, her husband and daughter came to America in July 1923.

A family story is that Frieda's father died when the children were young and her mother worked to own and operate a Bed and Breakfast (or Hotel) with restaurant in Basil. My grandmother worked there as did most of her siblings growing up.

Any help learning anything about my Grandmother's family would be amazing!

Thank you~

Wolf
Re: Wunderli / Wunderlin in Basel BS

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 16. Jan 2018, 22:49

Most likely the "...in" only indicates the sex (female) and the "correct" surname (her father's surname) will be Wunderli. Less likely, though not impossible, however, would be Wunderlin as her father's surname.

Please, keep in mind, that only single families (defined by surname and place of citizenship) should be discussed in any thread. Here only Wunderli(n) should be further discussed. Theiler of Wollerau SZ have their own thread: threads about families related by marriage can be linked in the forum.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen

Wolf
Re: Wunderli / Wunderlin in Basel BS

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 16. Jan 2018, 23:36

If Frieda Wunderli(n) was born in 1888 in the city of Basel (not somewhere else in the canton), she should be listed on this name index. What I find here is a Mathilde Wunderlin with Wunderlin-Imhof being her parents (that is a Wunderlin married to an Imhof), citizens of Mumpf AG.

To be sure the full birth register entry should be checked. Are you aware of any "middle names" of your grandmother?

In the corresponding name index for marriages during 1876-1887 I fould not many, but a few Wunderli and Wunderlin (both spellings) entries - but no Wunderlin-Imhof. The couple could have been married before 1876 - or somewhere else.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen

Antworten

Zurück zu „Basel - Bâle (BL & BS)“