Antrag auf Befreiung von der Leibeigenschaft

Moderator: elias

Antworten
jkeller

Antrag auf Befreiung von der Leibeigenschaft

Beitrag von jkeller » Di 4. Mai 2021, 04:58

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about this portion of K. Herbert Küstner's "Die Einwohner von Weitersborn 1596-1900".
p106b.png
Antrag auf Befreiung von der Leibeigenschaft im Jan. 1769.

I understand that this means that he applied for freedom from surfdom? I'm assuming that since it is in the book there is a record somewhere that I could get a copy of? How would this apply to his family? Would they also be free or would they have to apply as well? My direct ancestor is #4, Johann Gabriel who immigrated to Galicia as noted. It seems like this means there should be a record of his immigration as well, any suggestions for where I might find these records?

Thank you in advance,
Justin Keller
Canada
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Jogi

Re: Antrag auf Befreiung von der Leibeigenschaft

Beitrag von Jogi » Do 6. Mai 2021, 16:29

Hello Justin,
At that time there was still serfdom in Germany. That means the common people belonged to the landlord or the monastery. Serf means that they had to do compulsory labor for the owner of the land, they had to deliver taxes (tithes) from the property they had earned. If they wanted to leave the subject association, they had to pay the owner a compensation payment for the then no longer available labor. If a father wanted to be released, this also applied to his wife and the underage children. In this case, only Johann Gabriel made the application, so the dismissal only applies to him. I doubt whether there are any more detailed records.
He emigrated to Galicia, it looks like, alone. Then his oo and children would have to be proven in Galicia. If you know the place, you can ask here in the appropriate forum.
Greetings Jogy

jkeller

Re: Antrag auf Befreiung von der Leibeigenschaft

Beitrag von jkeller » Do 13. Mai 2021, 13:59

Hello Jogy,

Thank you very much for your answer, I really appreciate getting some context for this record.

Justin

Antworten

Zurück zu „Rheinland-Pfalz“