Roth von Berken BE

Moderator: Wolf

Laura Kaatz

Roth, Peter & Meier, Maria

Post by Laura Kaatz » Sun 26. Jun 2005, 16:05

Zusammenfassung : gesucht werden Angaben zu
Peter ROTH, *11.05.1828 im Kanton Bern (Ort nicht bekannt) und
Maria M. MEIER/MEYER, *16.04.1833 im Kanton Bern (Ort nicht bekannt).
Das Ehepaar emigriert 1856 in die USA.
------------------------------------
I apologize for my lack of German/French. I am searching any information on my Great Great Great Grandparents. Here is what I know of them - unfortunately I do not know what town in Canton Bern they came from and I know this is necessary to find more information. A Swiss researcher told me that he did not find them in the city of Bern, so they were likely from a rural small town.

Peter Roth born: May 11, 1828 Canton Bern unknown parents
Wife Maria M. Meier born: Apr 16, 1833 Canton Bern parents: Albert Meier and Anna Marie Jorde
Emigration: Oct 13, 1856 le Havre to New York City on the ship "Mercury" Maria was listed on the ship passenger list as Marie Meyer. They traveled by train to Janesville, Rock County, Wisconsin, and then by stagecoach to Manchester Township, Boone County, Illinois. They lived most of their lives in the area of Beloit, Rock County, Wisconsin. They had friends from Switzerland living near them that came to the USA shortly before and after the Roth/Meier Family. They were Joseph, Elise and Ulrich Blaser and the Kunz Family.

Any help anyone can provide would be most graciously appreciated.

I also am offering to help with family research in the USA. Please email me details and I'll try to find your relatives that immigrated to the USA.

Thank you!
- Editiert von Wolf am 26.06.2005, 18:22 -
- Editiert von Wolf am 26.06.2005, 19:11 -

Laura

Wolf

Roth, Peter & Meier, Maria

Post by Wolf » Sun 26. Jun 2005, 17:34

Unfortunatly Roth is a fairly conmmon name - with citizenships since before 1800 in canton Bern in:
Leider ist Roth ein recht häufiger Name - im Kanton Bern seit vor 1800 verbürgert in:
Berken, Brenzikofen, Buchholterberg, Eriz, Fahrni, Frutigen, Grindelwald, Grossaffoltern, Grosshöchstetten, Heimiswil, Inkwil, Innertkirchen, Interlaken, Konolfingen, Matten bei Interlaken, Meiringen, Melchnau, Mirchel, Münsingen, Niederbipp, Saxeten, Schattenhalb, Seedorf , Stettlen, Unterseen, Walperswil, Wangen an der Aare, Worb.
Meyer/Meier/... is even worse / ist noch schlimmer.

As they emigrated in 1856 they should be listed in the register of passports issued by canton Bern:
Bei einer Auswanderung 1856 sollte ein Eintrag gefunden werden können im Passregister des Kantons Bern:
http://kunden.eye.ch/swissgen/kant/bepass-e.htm
This should include their place of citizenship / Der Eintrag sollte auch den Bürgerort nennen.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen

Stammboumpeter

Roth von Berken BE

Post by Stammboumpeter » Sat 22. Jul 2006, 23:30

Peter Roth von Berken, Kirchgemeinde Herzogenbuchsee
Peter Roth ist am 2. Mai 1828 in Kirchberg als Sohn des Jakob Roth, Ursen Sohn von Berken und der Anna Barbara Iseli von Kirchberg geboren worden.

Laura Kaatz

Re: Roth von Berken BE

Post by Laura Kaatz » Sun 28. Jul 2019, 17:00

Since my original post, many years ago, I have found these Roth relatives and visited the churches and towns they were from in Berken, Kirchberg, Herzogbuchensee and more. I'm very interested in making contact with Roth and/or Meyer relatives that remained in Switzerland. Please feel free to contact me if you feel there is a connection.

Vielen dank,
Laura

Laura

Return to “Bern (BE)”