Cousins-Verwandtschaft nachweisen

Antworten
Nico
Administrator
Cousins-Verwandtschaft nachweisen

Beitrag von Nico » So 25. Jul 2021, 16:04

Hallo,

ein Freund fragt mich, ob icb ihm behilflich sein könne bei der Recherche eines Nachweises seiner verwandtschaftlichen Familienverhältnisse. Da die Beantwortung höchst wahrscheinlich angewiesen sein wird auf DNA-Analyse (so vermute ich jedenfalls), und ich auf diesem Gebiet relativ unbeschlagen bin, erlaube ich mir, Euch um Rat zu bitten.

Hier also der Sachverhalt:

Eine Mutter hat 4 Söhne. Ihrer 3 (A, B und C) stammen von ihrem Ehemann. Einer (D) soll einer außerehelichen Verbindung entstammen. Verstorben sind zum gegenwärtigen Zeitpunkt die Mutter, ihr Ehemann und ihre 4 Söhne. Allerdings haben alle 4 Söhne Kinder (Cousins).

Jetzt die Frage:

1. Ist es möglich, mit einem Vergleich der DNA der Cousins nachzuweisen, dass nicht alle vom Ehemann der Großmutter abstammen?

Wenn Ja:

2. Was muss von wem analysiert und verglichen werden?

3. An wen kann man sich erfahrungsgemäß vertrauensvoll für eine solche Analyse wenden?

4. Mit welchen Kosten muss man rechnen?

Beste Grüße

Nico

Walt Bruetsch
Supporter 2016

Re: Cousins-Verwandtschaft nachweisen

Beitrag von Walt Bruetsch » So 29. Aug 2021, 12:16

Hello Nico, Because this situation has 4 sons, then the Y-DNA test can be used to determine a family lineage. Male cousins could take a 37 marker test, which FamilyTreeDNA.com has on sale for ~$110 US.

References: https://www.familytreedna.com/products/y-dna#compare

I offer my DNA project for example: https://sites.rootsweb.com/~bruetsch/bq ... naProj.htm

Walter BruetschUSA

Nico
Administrator

Beitrag von Nico » Sa 18. Sep 2021, 19:59

Hallo Walter,

herzlichen Dank für Deine Antwort und Dein Angebot.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob unsere beiden Fälle miteinander vergleichbar sind. Zum besseren Verständnis hier mehr Details:

Die Söhne A, B und C stammen mit Sicherheit vom Ehemann der Mutter, Sohn D höchstwahrscheinlich nicht. Letzteres ist zu beweisen.

Heute leben folgende Nachkommen der Söhne:

1 Tochter von Sohn A
2 Töchter von Sohn B
1 Tochter von Sohn C
1 Sohn und 2 Töchter von Sohn D.

Du siehst, es gibt nur einen einzigen männlichen Cousin. Ist ein DNA-Vergleich in diesem Fall möglich und was müsste konkret getan werden?

Beste Grüße

Nico

Walt Bruetsch
Supporter 2016

Beitrag von Walt Bruetsch » So 19. Sep 2021, 12:43

Hi Nico, You are correct in that this situation does not need the more expensive Y-DNA test, in that only the one son would have the Y-DNA from his father and grand-father.

Thus, the Family / Cousins DNA test (aka autosome) is the test to be taken.
Specifically, Ancestry.com is probably the best company to be used. Current price is $99, but specials do occur and the price drops to about $50- $60 per test.

Daughters of Son A and C should each be tested. Where there are two daughters (sons B and D), only one would need to be tested, thus could share the costs and the results.

The son of son D would also take the same test.

Each testing person should get an Ancestry membership for the duration of the test period, to simplify the organization of the test results. And each person would have to create a family tree on Ancestry, starting with them selves and giving the parents names and also the grand parents names. Be sure that the tree's NAME is different for each cousin!

[After the test results are studied, the memberships payments can be stopped. The trees will remain on Ancestry, and the owner can access the tree even with a suspended membership.]

In the test results, the grand parents contribution in DNA would be about 25 % in each cousin. Thus the results should show a distinct different result for the children of Son D relative to Sons A, B and C.

Ancestry has good tutorials on studying the test results. And I would expect that YouTube and FamilySearch would also have similar tutorials that can be viewed at no cost.

Best wishes, Walt

Walt Bruetsch
Supporter 2016

Beitrag von Walt Bruetsch » So 19. Sep 2021, 13:25

Hi Nico, To keep things even simpler, have only one of the cousins A, B, or C take the autosomal test.

And also the cousin D, son of son D, take the same test.

And of course, each of them would create their family tree.

This will result in only two tests to compare. Additional tests could be taken by the other cousins if there are questions about the first two results.

The Ancestry DNA tutorials are listed under Extra, Ancestry Academy. Should be able to access them without having paid a membership.

Best wishes, Walt

Walt Bruetsch
Supporter 2016

Beitrag von Walt Bruetsch » So 19. Sep 2021, 16:49

Hi Nico, Here is what a friend of mine, Lisa, (very knowledgeable about autosomal DNA) wrote when I share this discussion with her.

Dear Walt, What fun! You are amazing!…This new project of yours sounds fascinating.

My immediate answer is YES. The amount of DNA that the four siblings share will vary greatly, if one of them is a half sibling. In other words, the three full siblings will share about 2700 cM's more or less, while the half-sibling will share about half that much. That will also be reflected in their children - i.e. the cousins shared DNA. [cM in DNA stands for centimorgan]

Go to the shared cM project. I'm going to visit it right now, and I'll send you the link in a follow-up email.
[Here is the link]
https://dnapainter.com/tools/sharedcmv4

Enjoy your day! Lisa

Best wishes, Walt

Nico
Administrator

Beitrag von Nico » So 19. Sep 2021, 19:58

Lieber Walter,

ich danke dir herzlich für Deine Hilfe. Jetzt weiß ich, wie das Problem anzugehen ist. Bitte richte auch Lisa meinen Dank aus.
Über den Fortgang der Analyse werde ich hier berichten, sobald mir Informationen vorliegen.

Beste Grüße

Nico

Antworten

Zurück zu „DNA/ADN - Analysis/Analyse“